Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday WildThyme!!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Happy Birthday WildThyme!!

Jiminy Christmas Peas n carrots woman!! Im not a machine!! I needed a break hehehehe I'll get back to your little bucket of lust in a short while!! you want quality or just cheap tawdry encounters, one after another, night after night, hot and sweaty and .. see?? there I go again.. I need a drink...

From me to you, I wish you a very Happy Birthday WildThyme!! I hope your day is a great one.

Well you had me worried there.. thought maybe you were going to make me wait until my next birthday for the rest of the story

And thanks everyone for all the good wishes and great pictures!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Keep it going Ticky!! I need to know what happens too!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

It had now been one year and it had NOT been easy. He was all she could think of, those eyes, those hands, those lips. Cami sighed deeply and rushed out to her car. She tossed in the small overnight case and jumped behind the wheel. She was nervous, she couldnt wait she was a bundle of conflicting emotions. Would he be there? If he wasnt, she'd die.
    She drove and kept having to remind herself to slow down. Traffic was fierce and the weather wasnt wonderful. OH NO! the Weather!! She'd been so obsessed with seeing him again she hadnt even thought about the weather. She got just south of Mount Ashland before she saw the sign. "ROAD CLOSED" She stopped. She cried. She drove back to Ashland, to her little house and locked the door. She'd try again in the morning. She left at 4am with no sleep. The road was open now but she got to Weed and the greasy little diner and he wasnt there. Evidently the man with the John Deere Hat recognized her because he said "Hey! I recognize you!"
    Cami smiled a tight nervous smile at the man. "I was supposed to meet someone here yesterday but the road was closed."
    The John Deere man Smiled a big missing tooth smile at her. "A good looking fella? with a big cheesy moustache?"
    Cami's eyes went wide. "YES! is he here?"
    The John Deere man grinned at her. "He was! Yesterday. He came in and stayed for three hours. Drank four cups of coffee then left!"
    Cami nearly fainted. Mr. John Deere grabbed her before she hit the floor and sat her in a chair. The Waitress brought her a glass of water.
    "You ok? here sip this.." John Deere gave her the water. Cami held it loosely and nearly dropped it. John held it to her lips and told her to sip.
    "Was he someone important?" John Deere asked her.
    "Yeah," said Cami, "My future."
    Cami didnt remember too much after that. She didnt have a name or address to look up. She just had an image in her head. The next twenty years were all pretty much routine except for thoughts of him which she had every day.
    Cami had landed a dream job though. She was an executive producer for the Oregon Shakespearean Theater in Ashland, Oregon. The job was more executive then producer but she had her hands in all aspects of the theater. She worked with directors and actors, maintenance, sales and bookings and she loved it. She got to live (very well I might add) in Ashland, which by her and most other standards, was the most beautiful place on earth. She had good friends and a dog, a nice home and was pretty secure in her future. She was alone, however. There'd been men, one a famous actor! but she was in love with mystery man. He was out there somewhere and as long as she knew that, she couldnt commit seriously to anyone else.
    So here she was, twenty years later leaning her forehead against the glass of the music store feeling herself slowly sinking staring at the poster in the window. A sepia image of four men standing in a desert. The front one.... it was him! Dear God, HIM!
    Cami's friend Rhonda caught her before she hit the ground and lead her to a chair at a sidewalk cafe next door to the music store.
    "CAMI! girl!! wake up!! you ok?" Rhonda held a glass of water to her and looked like a deer in headlights.
    Cami looked at her as if she didnt understand a word she was saying. "yeah, im ok. The poster..."
    Rhonda sat in the chair next to her, holding on to her shoulder just in case she slipped again.
    "what? The Eagles?" Rhonda grinned. She'd had a life long obsession with those boys. "They're wonderful! You want to go see them with with me? They're playing at Britt!"
    Cami looked at Rhonda dumbfounded. "Who's the front guy? what's his name?"
    Rhonda looked at the poster and smiled. "That's Glenn Frey. Isnt he hot?" Rhonda paused " you mean.... Glenn Frey??? is HIM??????? OH.. MY... GOD!! CAMI!!! are you sure????"
    Cami looked at Rhonda as if she'd just sprouted antlers. "you'd think I'd forget?"
    Rhonda smiled wanly, "well, it has been twenty years! People change! maybe Glenn just looks like your guy?"
    Cami glared at Rhonda.
    "Ok, ok, it's him. Let's go see him!"
    Cami laughed "And how do we do that? That show's been sold out for months."
    Rhonda sighed. Cami was a wonderful person but honest to a fault sometimes.
    "Just in this special and unique case, dont you think that maybe you could pull a few official strings and get us some VIP passes? I mean it's NOT like it's for our own enjoyment. This is important! ... Cami.. it's HIM! you have to go see him."
    Cami looked worried and scared. The color had drained from her face and her eyes watered over. "What if he doesnt want to see me? I wasnt there, remember?"
    Rhonda looked into Cami's eyes and leaned close. "You've got to try. No matter what happens, you've got to try."
    Cami nodded but her color was still off, so they had a few glasses of wine and talked about him and that night, the concert and Rhonda caught Cami up on everything she knew about Glenn.
    He was single, again. He'd been married twice and neither of those marriages had lasted long. He had two children, a boy about 12 and a girl about 16. Both from his first marriage (this is fantasy, Im allowed to take liberties so :P~~) He was about to turn 60. Cami hadnt known this! He was so much older, well that wasnt important. Rhonda didnt have too much more information about him except he had a house in LA and one in Maui. She knew a lot more about some guy in the band named Joe. Her eyes got all sparkly when she talked about him. UGH! Cami looked at him on the poster. She though he was kind of goofy looking. Not like Glenn who was so handsome.

When she got back to her office she called Maya, who was the director of the Britt Festival in Jacksonville just a few miles away. Britt was associated with the OSF and Maya and Cami had worked together on many projects in the past and Cami had a lot of respect for Maya and the feeling was mutual.
    "Hey Maya, it's Cami. How are you?"
    She listened to the phone chatter away for a minute.
    "Great! that is wonderful news! Britt is such a great event you guys should be selling out every year! Listen Maya, I have a special favor to ask of you. I dont normally do this, but this is a kind of special situation. I need two VIP passes for The Eagles."
    Cami listened and her face fell.
    "Yeah, of course it is. It was sold out months ago. Silly of me to ask..."
    She stopped and the chatter on the line flowed quickly.
    "Yeah? really? OH Maya! that would be wonderful!!"
    Again the chatter flew by Cami's ear.
    "Yes! oh that's great news! YOU, my dear friend, have season passes awaiting you at the box office! Thank you! you have no idea what this means!"
    Cami hung up the phone and did a little happy dance.
    Maya hadnt had any VIP passes, but she had had two Family and Friends passes. EVEN BETTER!!! they meant full access!! SHE was going to see Glenn again!
    She called Rhonda
    "Guess what? Maya gave me TWO Family and Friends passes!"
    soft talk on the other end. Rhonda was obviously working. She was a writer and as such kept the room as quiet as she could when she worked and disdained interruptions.
    "whats that mean? it MEANS we're going to MEET Glenn! and all the others too!"
    Cami held the phone out from her ear as Rhonda screamed and dropped the phone. Cami could hear Rhonda happy dancing in the background. She could hear the pot and wooden spoon banging away (it's a Rhonda thing). Soon she was back on the line.
    Yea... uhhuh.. I dont know... I dont know.. well mayb...uhh... yeah.. no.. I dont know.. Rhonda.. RHONDA!... sheesh... Ok.. look I have to run but next week ok? Want to do lunch tomorrow? Ok.. see you then.. RHONDA?? (damn pot and spoon) RHONDA! .. sheesh... "
    Cami hung up the phone.
    WHAT would she wear? She and Rhonda would have to go shopping. Not that that was a hardship. Shopping was what they did best.

Cami stopped by the music store on her way home and looked at the poster again. He hadnt changed at all. Well, the moustache was gone, too bad, she'd miss that, and his hair was shorter, but it was him. She bought every Eagles and Glenn Frey CD the store carried and ordered the rest. She stuck one in the player in her car and started listening. She was surprised at how many of the songs she knew! She had no idea the Eagles were such a part of American culture! These were songs everyone knew! She got home and loaded her Ipod with every Eagles and Glenn Frey song she had. She fell asleep listening to Peaceful Easy Feeling and woke up to Get Over It.

She hadnt been in this good of a mood for years and her co-workers were a little suspicious. She had gotten the stink-eye from her assistant and one of the more challenging directors when she'd laughed and patted his cheek in a familiar way when he'd asked for another $10,000 for his production of As you Like It, and both nearly fell down when she'd agreed to the over run!

"um, Cami?" her assistant was very careful. Cami was a good boss, fair and smart, but she worked very hard and expected the same from everyone she surrounded herself with. "are you sure you want to approve the over run on that production? The budget is already $15,000 over!"
    "Oh Suzanne, it's fine. As You Like It is a Shakespearean play! this is the Shakespearean Festival. First of all, a Shakespeare play at the festival will pull in well over 3 million dollars in a season and sell out nearly every night, and secondly, Im the boss, and I say so!"
    Cami patted Suzanne's head patronizingly and opened the door to her office. "Im expecting an envelope from Britt. Please send it in as soon as it arrives."
    She went into the office and shut the door.
    Cami's office was plush. It was on the back side of the Angus Bowmer Theater with large windows that over looked the park and the mall. Her desk was mahogany and had once been Angus's himself! She had discovered it at an estate sale years ago when she was just an executive assistant to the executive producer. It had cost her more then she could afford, but it was beautiful and when she was cleaning it up, she discovered, stuck to the top of the drawer, an original sketch of the Elizabethan Stage. It was originally an exact replica of the one in Stratford on the Avon. Of course it had changed over the years, but the most recent remodel, the one under Cami's strict eye, was actually the closest to the original design that Angus had drawn. She always wondered, when that remodel was taking place while she was sitting here at Angus's desk, in Angus's old office, if she hadnt been channeling him just a bit. Either way, she knew he'd be proud of the theater today.

There was a knock on Cami's office door as she sat down at ther desk and began to boot up her computer.
    "Come!" she barked and in ran Suzanne.
    "Your package is here!" Suzanne placed it on the desk and looked at Cami, then at the fat manilla envelope, then back at Cami.
    Cami looked at Suzanne. "umm.. thanks, you should get back to your desk in case someone wants to see me or something."
    Suzanne's jaw dropped then she smiled. "Right!" and scuttled out of the room.
    "SUZANNE!"
    "yeah?"
    "shut the door?"
    "Right"
    She shut the door. Suzanne wasnt the sharpest crayon in the box, but Cami had felt sorry for her. One of these days she would find a job a little less challenging for the poor woman. Maybe something in Props or wardrobe. Cami looked at the door and shook her head.
    She picked up the envelope and fingered it lovingly. This was it. In one week she'd see him again. Would he WANT to see her? What would she say? Her hands were shaking and this was just the tickets!
    She opened the envelope. Two lanyards with laminated passes fell out. The passes had stylized eagles on them and the initials LROOE on them. Cami knew this meant Long Road out of Eden. She had the CD with her in fact and she took it out and popped it into the player by her desk. The beautiful tones of the four harmonious voices and guitars filled the air. She closed her eyes and drifted with the beautiful music. A short wile later there was a knock on the door. Cami sat up and realized she'd been sitting there lost in those voices for some time.
    "Come." she said straightening her hair and sitting up.
    Suzanne entered. "Your friend is here for lunch?"
    Cami started. "Lunch? what time is it?" Cami looked at her watch. It was 12:30. She'd been there listening to Glenn sing just for her for more then three hours!
    "It's about 12:30" Suzanne said.
    "yeah, got it, thanks Suzanne. Send Rhonda in please."

more to come, I gotta do the Mommy thing for a few *G*

The woman could be a professional writer... *G* Can't wait for part 3 hehe

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

She COULD!!! This is Fantastic. I can't wait for my Birthday!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Will Cami meet Glenn?
    Will Glenn want to meet Cami?
    Will Rhonda meet Joe?
    Will Suzanne get a clue?

Stay tuned for the next episode of Cami's Birthday Surprise!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Ticky, I've said it before as I was delving into The Long Story, you definitely have a talent for intriguing writing, and could turn this into a second career! Keep it comin'; and take all the poetic license you need to keep everyone happy!

And I'm assuming the Siskyous are a mountain range in Oregon? Or Calif?