Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Which band line up is your favorite era?

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Default Re: Which band line up is your favorite era?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Unless they are planning to make another album which would include Bernie, I don't know why he would continue to play with them after the History tour is over.
    Because he IS an Eagle, plain and simple. He plays on 4 out of 7 studio albums (that's 4 more than Walsh and 5 more than Tim). Not trying to dismiss Joe or Tim, they've EARNED their status big time, but Bernie should be given full status again, imo. Why not?? let's make this band a quintet again and move forward. Not sure if Bernie would accept, but this lineup is most definitely my favorite. Walsh AND Leadon!! OMG!! Gives me goosebumps it's so frickin' awesome!!
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

The second one (quintet, no Joe and no Tim). I think both Joe and Tim are extraordinary musicians, but I still prefer Bernie and Randy, especially vocal-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    He plays on 4 out of 7 studio albums (that's 4 more than Walsh and 5 more than Tim).
    Not meaning to be pedantic but: huh? Joe played on no albums and Tim on minus one album?

Stuck on the Border

I want to go back in time to the Desperado era, around the time of the 1973 BBC concert or immediately afterwards. Just the four, playing smaller venues rather than stadiums. I wonder how they would have developed if Desperado had been more popular.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Not meaning to be pedantic but: huh? Joe played on no albums and Tim on minus one album?
    Joe was on 3 albums - HC, TLR, LROOE. Tim was on 2 albums - TLR, LROOE. So to say Bernie was on '4 more than Joe and 5 more than Tim' is correct. He played on all the albums they did not play on.

Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Joe was on 3 albums - HC, TLR, LROOE. Tim was on 2 albums - TLR, LROOE. So to say Bernie was on '4 more than Joe and 5 more than Tim' is correct. He played on all the albums they did not play on.
    Actually Freypower, I was incorrect on saying Bernie was on 5 more than Tim so Sebastian is partially correct on calling me out. As you know, Tim didn't play on HC (Randy did) but neither did Bernie who had just been replaced by Joe.

As I've said before, having Bernie share the stage with Joe and Tim for the first time ever is a real treat to watch this tour. Seems like all the guys like having him aboard this time around.
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Border Troubadour

OTB-OOTN or HC for me. I prefer them as a 5 man line up as I think Felder added a new dimension of guitar playing to the band, but I can't decide whether I prefer the Eagles before or after Walsh (I don't mean that in a bad way, Joe's one of my guitaring heroes). Bernie was country-bluegrass through and through and his banjo / mandolin work on the likes of Tequila Sunrise, Saturday Night and Midnight Flyer are really cool, he made that chilled out, country-based Southern Cali rock sound for me. On the other hand Joe Walsh is an absolute monster of a guitarist. Hotel California goes without saying, but the bond he had with Felder and his songs like Pretty Maids All in a Row demonstrated a softer side to his music.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    OTB-OOTN or HC for me. I prefer them as a 5 man line up as I think Felder added a new dimension of guitar playing to the band, but I can't decide whether I prefer the Eagles before or after Walsh (I don't mean that in a bad way, Joe's one of my guitaring heroes). Bernie was country-bluegrass through and through and his banjo / mandolin work on the likes of Tequila Sunrise, Saturday Night and Midnight Flyer are really cool, he made that chilled out, country-based Southern Cali rock sound for me. On the other hand Joe Walsh is an absolute monster of a guitarist. Hotel California goes without saying, but the bond he had with Felder and his songs like Pretty Maids All in a Row demonstrated a softer side to his music.
    This reminds me, surely it's Bernie playing the mandolin on this tour during Saturday Night. Or is it pre-recorded? You can definitely hear it. Have they ever mentioned anything about it at all at the live shows? You would think they would.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Banned

My favorite lineup is Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Randy Meisner and Don "Fingers" Felder. (Although I dearly love Joe Walsh and every single incarnation of the band!)

To me Joe Walsh was the smartest thing the Eagles ever did.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69