Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday ticky!!

Default Re: Happy Birthday ticky!!

I'm late to the party here, ticky, but I hope you had a great day and lots of fun, and enjoy your bit of Cliffy-free time!

Hope this makes up for being late!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Thanks GEF, Joe's smiling face is always a pleasure *G*

Thanks everybody!!

And how was your day?
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

It was eventful *G* My Mom in law was here and had to catch a plane home at 9:30pm so we spent the day shopping. She is a beautician and died my hair for me the night before. She did an awesome job, she always does, she's very good. But its too dark. Im blond, now my hair is brown. Im not thrilled with it.
    But besides that, we shopped all day Sunday and got lots of goodies!
    Saturday we had a family party at my M&Ds house. We had sea food (my fav!) and I got presents! (also my fav *G*) About 2 yrs ago I rescued an old antique chair that a second hand store my Mom works for was about to throw away. Mom recovered it for my Bday. It's Gorgeous! My cousin went in with Cliffy to get me the guitar I wanted and MIL gave me a case and a Hotel Cali song book! so Im set there!!
    We had cake and talked and had a really great time.
    Cliff went out of town yesterday so I can relax a little and kind of call in the whole dinner thing (we're having chicken nuggest tonight and we had pizza last night *G*) I miss Cliffy when he goes on these things but it's so nice to just kick back and relax and do what I want!! (altho I am doing a lot of laundry today but thats more for me then anyone else *G* and Im using the fabric softener he hates and I love *G*) All in all, it's been a pretty good bday *G* Thanks for asking

Awh good to hear and glad you enjoyed!
    Birthday, food and presents oh and don't forget parties..that the birthday life!

Ticky, you made me laugh just then! All I wish for when hubby is away for the evening is to open some frozen junk food and not have to bother with peeling potatoes and chopping onions. Just now I'm dreaming of breaded plaice fillets from Mr Birdseye and some McCains french fries, instead of filleting haddock and cod from the fish van that calls.

Glad you had a fun birthday!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

GEF, I understand completely! Although Cliff is a little bit easier to please then fresh fish!! (I love it, but its way too much work) He's happy with Pasta and Alfredo sauce but he loves his fresh vegies too! So there's always a lot of prep work that goes into dinner.
    I guess Im to blame too tho, I cant just make burgers and call it good. They have to be stuffed and broiled and topped with sauted mushrooms (He really wouldnt care if they were fried and topped with velveeta) but I always feel that if Im going to all the trouble of making it, it'd better be better then what you'd get from McDonalds

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm glad you had a great birthday Ticky and those presents sound great. Particularly the guitar of course.

I know how you both feel. Hubby is 'fed' at work so its usually an excuse to go for fish and chips on his days or nights at work. The other alternative is M&S Steak and Kidney Pies or Shepherds pies which need nothing but to be popped into the oven. GEF will be familiar with M&S!

In fact one day having spent 2 hours doing a homemade Shepherds pie my son took one mouthful and complained 'where are the nice ones mommy? There's red stuff (peppers) in this'

After that I bought shares in M&S!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm glad you had a great birthday Ticky and those presents sound great. Particularly the guitar of course.

I know how you both feel. Hubby is 'fed' at work so its usually an excuse to go for fish and chips on his days or nights at work. The other alternative is M&S Steak and Kidney Pies or Shepherds pies which need nothing but to be popped into the oven. GEF will be familiar with M&S!

In fact one day having spent 2 hours doing a homemade Shepherds pie my son took one mouthful and complained 'where are the nice ones mommy? There's red stuff (peppers) in this'

After that I bought shares in M&S!!
    Isn't that always the case with kids and the healthful homemade meals we spend inordinate amounts of time preparing? With us, it's baked macaroni and cheese, or fresh tomato sauce--but what's the green stuff (parsley or oregano)? So, it's back to the boxed version of M & C, or Paul Newman's jarred sauce!!

I M&S!