Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Hubby's Away

Default When Hubby's Away

As I was reading another thread I got curious - to all of you who have hubbies or SO's, how do you feel when he's gone for the day, or evening, or longer? I feel somewhat guilty posting this, but I really enjoy not having to worry about cooking supper when he's not home. Plus it's nice just to be able to do what I want when I want!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Default Re: When Hubby's Away

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    As I was reading another thread I got curious - to all of you who have hubbies or SO's, how do you feel when he's gone for the day, or evening, or longer? I feel somewhat guilty posting this, but I really enjoy not having to worry about cooking supper when he's not home. Plus it's nice just to be able to do what I want when I want!
    Absolute ditto!! Plus, the kids listen only to me in terms of when to do homework, etc...instead of playing one of us off of the other (a skill which they have perfected.)

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Cliff doesnt go out of town often, maybe once or twice a year for a few days, but I really look forward to it. HE gets a small vacation with his work buddies and The girls and I get to do what we want! I stay up late and watch what I want to watch, or play on the computer. We have food Cliff doesnt care for (basically anything with flavor) and I get the bed all to myself.
    Now to qualify this, if he's gone for more then a few days, I do miss him and I have trouble sleeping. ALSO every horrible awful thing that has happened to me has happened when Cliff AND my parents are all out of town! Or maybe its just seems that way. SO anyway, its a mixed bag here. I love the freedom, but I miss my guy.

Stuck on the Border

We've been married 15 years and the only time we've been apart is when I've been out of town on one night visits (including a certain visit to Melbourne in 2004). But he works all day and I'm at home by myself.

When I first married, my hubby was in the Navy, and just after our honeymoon he was sent to sea for five months. Even when our first son was born he was away during the week. I kind of got used to being on my own, and doing my own thing, He's been around at home for 15 years now, so I must admit I enjoy the times when he's away, even though I miss him. I stay up late, watch what I want to on tv, and as I've said elsewhere I can have ready meals when I want, and of course can come here when I want!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Am I allowed to talk about parents now? , since I'm not married or whatever
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

It doesn't happen often but when it does, I really enjoy the quiet (especially now that my kids are older and don't need me anymore ) but again I always look forward to him coming back home. Just me the dog, the cats and a good book and the food I want when I want it. Now I feel guilty!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley View Post
    Am I allowed to talk about parents now? , since I'm not married or whatever
    Sure Mrs H, vent away!
    ~ Cathy ~

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Just me the dog, the cats and a good book and the food I want when I want it. Now I feel guilty!
    I know what you mean TBF, but why do we feel guilty? The other night I told Eric that as much as I love him, the one thing I miss about single life is not being responsible for another person's meals. Sometimes I feel like skipping supper altogether (just not hungry, ya know?). But even though it's just the two of us, he's very much into sitting down and eating our meal together and seems hurt when I tell him I'm just not hungry! His hurt makes me feel guilty!
    ~ Cathy ~

Ah great!
    Good I don't have a great relation with my parents, but that doesn't matter now!

When they're gone, I'm actually allowed to do whatever I want, I just have to take care about Mr. Henley and Mrs. Walsh (the dogs) but besides that, there's freedom! My dad isn't much home these days.. but when he's home, he is pretty easy with things, so that's something goods

The most times when my parents aren't home, I'm having a hours during phone call with Stephanie ()(I'm not talking about the bills ) or just inviting some friends and having some fun and of course, put the stereo on max. with Don on it or the Eagles! Yeah!

Oh and PM, I know what you mean with no hungry, I've got the same!
    I usually don't eat when I'm home alone, although with parents I even don't eat much, but Ok.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..