Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When Hubby's Away

Default Re: When Hubby's Away

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I sometimes worry that I've gotten so accustomed to living alone and doing whatever I want to, whenever I want to, that I'll have a REALLY hard time adapting if I ever get married.

Eric and I are both in our second marriage. I was single for about seven years before I met and married him. I was in my early forties when we married eight years ago, and I had a very hard time adjusting to 'compromise'. But that's one of the key things in a successful marriage.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I just got around to reading this thread, and it is very interesting to hear how everyone appreciates their "alone" time. My hubby & I have been married for 21 years and you go through a lot of ups & downs in all that time. He is a CPA so I am a "tax widow" from January through April 15--he works so many long hours that I have MORE than enough alone time during those months. Then I have to get used to him coming home again!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    He is a carpenter. He works on bridges and overpasses during the summer and does easier stuff like homes or remodeling during his off time.
    Ah OK, sounds like a busy job!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I sometimes worry that I've gotten so accustomed to living alone and doing whatever I want to, whenever I want to, that I'll have a REALLY hard time adapting if I ever get married.
    You sound like our daughter, Soda. She is 30 and doesn't think she ever wants to get married because she doesn't want someone telling her what to do all the time. I've told her if it's the right person, then you both will be willing to compromise.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten