Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celeb-reality

Default Celeb-reality

I've found myself watching VH1's celeb-reality shows with morbid fascination. Does anyone else share this guilty pleasure?

I just watched the premiere of "Rock of Love" where Poison lead singer Bret Michaels looks for "true love" (yeah, right). Just as I expected, there was an appalling array of plastic-surgery-enhanced groupie-types with big boobs and very few brain cells. Usually on these shows there's a couple you take a liking to, but in this case, nada. Doesn't mean I won't watch the next episode.

Didn't Joe's daughter want to do some kind of reality show?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have to admit, I have watched them before. But seeing as I don't have cable in my home and I have to watch at my sisters, it doesn't happen every day....so I miss a few. That's exactly the way I figured Rock of Love would go. It's Bret Michaels.......surely we didn't think he was going to get a normal girl.

We watched a little bit of Family Jewels with Gene Simmons of KISS the other night.

I was wondering the same thing--whatever happened to that show about Joe Walsh’s daughter? Joe hasn't done any more online chats this summer, either.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

I'm okay as long as I don't channel flip onto these crazy shows but if I do then I become hooked for the rest of the show Brett Michaels - OMG where do they find those girls??? The Kiss one is okay - they have a good sense of humor about themselves. I have to admit I really became hooked on the show WORKOUT which I think was on Bravo.

I was also wondering about the reality show with Joe's daughter. I guess it didn't make the cut???

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Celeb-reality

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I just watched the premiere of "Rock of Love" where Poison lead singer Bret Michaels looks for "true love" (yeah, right). Just as I expected, there was an appalling array of plastic-surgery-enhanced groupie-types with big boobs and very few brain cells. Usually on these shows there's a couple you take a liking to, but in this case, nada. Doesn't mean I won't watch the next episode.
    I've watched this a few times! I had to watch a second time just to see if what I thought I saw the first time was true! I really cannot believe this is on tv! But this day and age, anything goes right? My hubby and I have renewed our interest in some of the 80's music by downloading some of the songs from then. We didn't have MTV or cable back then and most of that just went by and we never saw any of it. And we were raising our kids. I do love a couple of Poison's songs, Every Rose Has Its Thorn and Something to Believe In. The guy can sing and he still looks good, but this show is so sleazy. And the girls look like they came straight from the sunset strip. I would like to see if Brett has hair under that bandana though! And I find myself wanting to see which one he will select to "rock his world"! :snicker:
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celeb-reality

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    And the girls look like they came straight from the sunset strip.
    I've seen an episode of this, as well. I hope Brett has some Lysol and some penicillin on hand before he lets any of them "rock his world!"

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

LOL

Molly - BWAHAHAHA!!!!

As far as Joe's daughter's show goes, I'm not sure what happened. I assume it didn't get picked up, although there could have been some other circumstances.

And now they are doing "Flavor of Love 3." Looks like they're going to run that one in to the ground.

"Scott Baio is 45 and single" just wrapped up, to a pretty satisfying conclusion. I thought that one was funny.

I'm currently watching "The Pick-Up Artist" and just shaking my head at it. The show is about these eight guys who can't get a date, for various reasons. They're not the most gorgeous guys in the world and they have very low self-esteem; they're very afraid to try to pick up women. A guy named "Mystery" and his two helpers claim they can turn one of these guys into a "pick-up artist" who can get women, no sweat. Watching this as a woman, I have to laugh at some of the tips these guys are getting. Some of the "sure-fire gambits" this guy is giving them are so lame it's hilarious. An example: "Do you know what a u-smile is?" [girl: 'no'] "It's the kind of smile YOU have." And that's not even the worst of them.

As far as the host goes, I know I wouldn't touch this guy Mystery with a 10-foot pole, and I'm not exactly a prize, so that's saying something. A photo:

Oh well, these guys really have nothing to lose. If these cheesy openers give them confidence, it's not a bad thing. It's still funny, though.

Stuck on the Border

I've seen the show a couple of times, too, Nancy. It's this kind of show that makes me glad I'm married!

Women seem to flock to this Mystery guy. Someone needs to explain that to me!