Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Let us talk favorites

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Let us talk favorites

I'm sure we can dissect every song, every photo, every lyric, every hairstyle, etc...

This could be fun. List some of your favorite things about the band or guys. I'll go first.

1) While it's not my favorite song, it's my favorite sounding song... New Kid In Town. Every single time I hear the opening lyrics, my heart melts. There is just something about Glenn's vocals that makes my heart drop to my stomach!

2) I love that Don puts so much heart into his lyrics. I was really listening to The Last Resort today, and I was blown away w/his lyrics again!

3) My favorite song on LROE is Waiting in the Weeds.

I'm sure I'll be adding to this list... but I want to see what everyone else has to say.

Hmmm..... this will require some thought... good idea for a topic!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good idea! Just for a start cause I don't have much time now:

1. Take It Easy is my very favorite Eagles song. It never fails to make me feel good whenever I hear it. Those opening riffs (if that's what you call it) always make me smile. There are many more of their songs that I love, but this one will always be #1.

2. Don Henley's 'fro back in the day. So sexy!

3. Glenn's long hair back in the day. A man just should not be allowed to have such wonderful, thick, gorgeous hair! Well, just Glenn! And even though it's short now, it's still wonderful, thick, and gorgeous!

Those just popped in to my head. There will be more!

Oops! Edited to add #4-WITW! It takes my breath away!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

OK, I've thought of some favorites.

1) My favorite Eagles album is Desperado - every song is terrific.

2) My favorite song the Eagles have covered is Ol' 55. It seems so simple, yet it has so much power.

3) My favorite song off of a live album or DVD is Seven Bridges Road. Such harmonies!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Ok here i go:

1. I love the Hotel California album. For me its the best i listen to it all the time and it brings back so many memories.

2. I love Don's voice its so soulful and and ful of emotionial. It always seems to get me.

3. I love the Eagles version of Life's Been Good and Boys Of Summer.
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Ok, let's try it.

1) I'm so in love with the Hotel California album, those songs are so beautiful and they're meaning a lot to me.

2) Don's hair of the '80's and begin '90's - OMG So gorgeous and sexy! And his voice, it's so soulful and emotionial. (just like TGOS said)

3) The Joe Walsh Actions on stage, he's so funny! The Eagles would be a way to different without Joe right now .

And I'm not finished jet, don't worry :P
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border

This is an excellent idea. I can dip into this on a regular basis when I think of all the things I love about this band. For now:

1. Glenn's voice.
    2. Glenn's charisma.
    3. The rapport between Glenn and Don.
    4. The awesome songwriting partnership of America's Lennon-McCartney.
    5. Don the singing drummer (to quote Glenn, there is really only hin and Levon Helm - er, and Phil Collins too, Glenn).
    6. The title track of LROOE is one of the most magnificent pieces of songwriting I have ever heard and reminds me of why I love this band so much.

More later, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    6. The title track of LROOE is one of the most magnificent pieces of songwriting I have ever heard and reminds me of why I love this band so much.
    Definitely FP!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Great topic but a hard one--so much I love!

1.) The biggest thing I love is the way they harmonize--I literally get chills most of the time when listening to certain songs such as Take It To The Limit, Hole In The World and Hold On etc...

2.) My favorite songs are Best Of My Love and Take It To The Limit (for the above reason).

3.) Love the fact that they each have such individual talents and have been so successful with solo careers also.

4.) There has never been a song done by the Eagles that I say I just don't like-I literally love each and every song they have ever performed or put on an album.

5.) Of course, Timothy and Joe!

I, like the rest of you, will probably be adding to my list as I think more about it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Goodness, gracious, where do I start? There is so much about this band that I love: the music, the boys themselves... and I can write and write and write about each one in depth!

I think I'll pick one thing that I love each day. How's that?

Today, it will be the way Glenn and Don sound together. OH! Pure heaven! It is not often that two voices blend the way theirs do (the other example that springs to mind immediately is John Lennon and Paul McCartney). WOW!!!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down