Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Facial Hair Retrospective

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Facial Hair Retrospective

I always thought they were brown?? BUT I was to busy looking at his arms. lol

I love you for starting this thread, Ticky. Facial hair is definitely my thing

I'm in total agreement about HC Don. The beard and 'fro is drop dead gorgeous. My sig is a good example of the kind of Henley facial hair that makes me swoon.

This is one of my absolute favourite pictures and it can never be viewed enough, IMHO!

I'm also a big fan of the F1 stubble.

Glenn looks especially hot here...

Some lighter stubble works for me too:

Eagles facial hair cannot be discussed without an honourable mention for the 70s 'tache. I'm tempted to hand the crown to Glenn, but he has stiff competition.

As for Timothy, he rocks the soul patch. Along with Mr Walsh.

(Couldn't resist that last one!)

And finally, predictably, because I just can't help it...

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Ok, I think it's time for our
    FIRST ANNUAL SOUL-PATCH OFF!!

provided one or more of our adorable crew happens to take it upon themselves to grow some facial hair in the "patch area" in the next year, making some kind of comparison competition possible, otherwise, whats the point? been done.. here in fact, right now!
    LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Our first contestant, weighing in at (well thats not important since we're talking about soul patches and who weighs their soul patch...) With a VERY impressive specimen....

Joseph Fidler Walch - Notice the texture and coloring of this handsome thick patch. A real challenge!

This example of Joe's soul patch is truly impressive and adds so much to the hat.. and coat.. in fact, the whole ensemble!

Here is casual Joe showing that a soul patch is NOT just for the stage, but can be worn anytime!

However, a sporty soul-patch can be very effective on stage as well!

VERY Fine examples! Please lets all have a hand for this contestant as he makes his final runway pass....

VERY Impressive indeed! (polite clapping)

Our next contender, Timothy Bruce Schmit, was considered an underdog in this competition. Let's see if this wannabe can come from behind!

OOOOoo here he is coming on strong with a direct hit right to the chin!

Speaking of chins! This impressive display may actually count against this patch-alete as it may NOT be technically considered a "soul-patch". Im afraid we'll have to leave this one up to the discretion of the judges!

That was definitely a risk for our up and comer! It seems our bad boy of beards is trying to rewin any lost votes with a classic display!

Again, with the classic patch, Tim is going for the casual fan picture on the street look.

And now, lets have a rousing round of applause for or Timmy as he takes his final romp in this years patch-off with a very classic and classy display of what can only be called the formal Pièce d'Âme Or.. soul patch with class.

BRAVO BRAVO BELLA! BELLA!

Now it's up to you, Judges!! Who wins? Will you count Timothy's small goatee indiscretion against him? Whats more important? sheer volume? or style? perhaps both? remember.. ITS UP TO YOU to declare a winner!

Well, although as far as I am concerned the only good soul patch is the soul patch washing down the drain after its met its demise at the hand of a razor, I do feel a need to put my vote in here...

For me the winner is Timmy. If ya just gotta grow chin mold then keeping it neat and trimmed is the way to go. Timmy's soul patch is generally well kept unlike Joe, who's clump of chin hair unfortunately looks a bit too much like a small rodent up and died under his lip... (sorry Joe, I think you are great but just say no to the lip fur from now on, please).
    Last edited by Wildthyme; 10-26-2008 at 02:10 AM.

DEFINITELY Timothy. Joe's looks too scraggly. I love it on Tim, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I think Timmy wears the soul patch best; and I do overlook his one transgression over the line...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Well, although as far as I am concerned the only good soul patch is the soul patch washing down the drain after its met its demise at the hand of a razor, I do feel a need to put my vote in here...

For me the winner is Timmy. If ya just gotta grow chin mold then keeping it neat and trimmed is the way to go. Timmy's soul patch is generally well kept unlike Joe, who's clump of lip hair unfortunately looks a bit too much like a small rodent up and died under his lip... (sorry Joe, I think you are great but just say no to the lip fur from now on, please).
    WT - my sentiments exactly - I couldn't have said it better if I had tried!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

AWE come on!!! Poor Joey! It's a sign of his manliness *G* he's a hairy guy and proud of it!
    I like it Joey, I think it's sexy.

PERSONALLY I think Timmy's (while it's very nice and looks quite handsome on you, Tim because I know you're anxiously reading this and biting your nails as to the out-come) looks a little like he held his breath and blew out really hard to try and grow a beard, and that was all he got.. (Sorry Tim, you know I love ya)

I'm casting my vote for Tim. I love Joe in any facial hair phase, but Tim's soul patch has really grown on me (not literally) and I just think it works.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

I will go with Tim in this instance too.

These are all good, but it occurred to me that there was a significant moment in facial hair which hasn't been posted yet: