Page 128 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Smile Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

There are a couple of GREAT articles on medium.com. It's a website for writers....just search on Glenn Frey. There are two really interesting articles that pay respect to Glenn and his impact on music and our lives! It makes me happy when I hear other people recognize what we've known all along!

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetteG View Post
    I agree with the disappointment some have expressed here at the lack of proper tribute in some of the music press. As a free-lance journalist who has written for music publications and national newspapers, I have to say that getting anything beyond the most superficial coverage on any subject is becoming increasingly difficult.

I wrote a tribute to Glenn that took a look at how much someone we do not know can touch our lives and how deeply we can feel their loss. The Mail in the UK expressed an interest in the piece but then sat on it for weeks before deciding that it was no longer current. Another major magazine in the UK said they found the tribute deeply moving and thoughtful but that they could not run it because they were saturated with submissions on other subjects....I wanted to ask how many of those other subjects had touched as many people at such a deep level. Anyway, that gives some idea of the frustration that even an established writer can experience when trying to place a feature that I think many, many people would have wanted to read. There again, the day after Glenn's death The Guardian ran a (to my mind disgraceful) piece saying "sad he's dead but the Eagles were a rubbish band."
    So provocation and controversy and a bit of spite seem to be the order of the day,
    alas. I posted my tribute on one of my blogs. I've already put the link on a couple of other threads here but in case you missed it http://janettegriffithsonwagner.blogspot.ca
    Thank you so much for sharing your article! You captured my thoughts & feelings perfectly! I'm sure that there are countless fans who hold membership in our special club. I've been perplexed at my obsession and desire to just pretend it isn't real. Between the constant music and DVDs, I've been able to live in my little bubble called denial. I'm not ready to face the truth, so I'll just stay put for now where I'm happy singing along and everything still feels right in the world.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Did you read Wade Biery's rant against the other trashy blog from The Guardian?

Taylor Swift's acceptance speech impressed me.
    Thanks UtW! That was right on!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by JanetteG View Post
    You encapsulated perfectly what we are all feeling, JanetteG in your beautiful eulogy to Glenn. While I am a Don devotee I have been really surprised at how bereft I feel at Glenn's death for all the reasons you articulated. I didn't go to California (unfortunately!) and am slightly younger but I still feel the Eagles have enriched my life. Over the last couple of years I have suffered health problems and bereavement and without their music and my love for them I don't know how I would have got through it all...but their music is 'Everliving' - the future is prior to the past and makes the present possible.

Thank you.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Momma Tee View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing your article! You captured my thoughts & feelings perfectly! I'm sure that there are countless fans who hold membership in our special club. I've been perplexed at my obsession and desire to just pretend it isn't real. Between the constant music and DVDs, I've been able to live in my little bubble called denial. I'm not ready to face the truth, so I'll just stay put for now where I'm happy singing along and everything still feels right in the world.
    Sorry for the late reply. What I am noticing is how many people express how surprised/perplexed they are at their reaction to Glenn's death. Enjoy your music and DVDs. I'm guessing some more stuff might pop up on Youtube now. Last night I saw some Seattle live stuff from 77 (?) that I had missed before. Warmest wishes.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    You encapsulated perfectly what we are all feeling, JanetteG in your beautiful eulogy to Glenn. While I am a Don devotee I have been really surprised at how bereft I feel at Glenn's death for all the reasons you articulated. I didn't go to California (unfortunately!) and am slightly younger but I still feel the Eagles have enriched my life. Over the last couple of years I have suffered health problems and bereavement and without their music and my love for them I don't know how I would have got through it all...but their music is 'Everliving' - the future is prior to the past and makes the present possible.

Thank you.
    Thank you for your kind words. Music is so powerful and healing . At first Glenn's music was tough to listen to but that will change with time. Because I don't want to repeat myself on several threads I will post a few more thoughts - probably on the "Gone but not forgotten" or "Remembering Glenn" threads. Warmest wishes.

Does anybody subscribe to this magazine? http://www.clashmusic.com/news/elton...e-of-clash-100

It is a new interview with Elton John in which he talks about Glenn.
    In a poignant and passionate interview that covers his thoughts on Kanye West, David Bowie, Glenn Frey, James Blake, and Justin Bieber, Elton also discusses the creative freedom he currently enjoys, and the guiding light of fatherhood that inspires him.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Does anybody subscribe to this magazine? http://www.clashmusic.com/news/elton...e-of-clash-100

It is a new interview with Elton John in which he talks about Glenn.
    I'm going to see if they sell it in Barnes & Noble.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'll check Books a million for it this afternoon.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

It's a UK magazine. If I get a chance, I'll look in the big newsagent in town tomorrow. From something I read a little while ago, Elton John saw Longbranch Pennywhistle open for The Dillards at The Troubadour a day or two before he made his own debut there.

ETA: (Not the Clash story)
    The artist now known as Sir Elton John had flown into L.A. five days earlier, and was met at the airport by an English double-decker bus with a banner on it that read “Elton John has arrived.” That evening the artist visited the club he was going to play and saw the bluegrass band The Dillards with the duo Longbranch Pennywhistle – future Eagle Glenn Frey and J.D. Souther – opening. Over the next few days he would go shopping at the famed Tower Records store on Sunset Boulevard, visit Disneyland, and be introduced to his labelmate Neil Diamond.
    http://bestclassicbands.com/august-2...s-gig-8-25-15/
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 03-03-2016 at 10:06 AM.