Page 135 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I would LOVE for this album to be released while we are in LA in January!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That would be great! Fingers crossed!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the article, Buffyfan. This is the first time I ever heard that Glenn loved country music. I would love to hear those tunes he co-wrote with Jack but unfortunately didn't have a chance to record.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for the article, Buffyfan. This is the first time I ever heard that Glenn loved country music. I would love to hear those tunes he co-wrote with Jack but unfortunately didn't have a chance to record.
    You're welcome and it was first time I've heard that too. I know I've read from Don and others he liked all genres but it's the first time I've seen country referenced though it makes sense. I'm looking forward to hearing them too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

From the Jack Tempchin interview:
    One thing about Glenn, unlike anybody else, he could somehow see and sniff out the woman's point of view to a song, like 'The One You Love' or 'Lyin' Eyes,'
    Would anyone like to comment?

Glenn was quoted in Interview Magazine saying, "Except for a few guitar chords, everything I've learned in my life that is of any value I've learned from women."
    To me, if that is your attitude, you must be actually listening to them! That would go a long way toward understanding a female point of view! You will tell a lot more personal things to someone who seems interested- and give them insights into the way you think. He took good notes!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Banned

Thanks for posting the link buffyfan145.
    I look forward to hearing some new Frey/Tempchin songs in January.

As Jack himself declares, he's not much of a singer or player so I hope, this isn't the only posthumous Frey release i get to hear.

I'm very pleased that Jack is releasing this but his level of performance is several divisions below Glenn and Eagles so I can't see it becoming one of my favourites.

Found this nice article today about the Celebration of Life held at The Forum.

http://www.storytellersunplugged.com...our-world-now/

Quote Originally Posted by Momma Tee View Post
    Found this nice article today about the Celebration of Life held at The Forum.

http://www.storytellersunplugged.com...our-world-now/
    The link won't work for me.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    The link won't work for me.
    It worked for me. I'll post the relevant part in case it doesn't work for someone else. I got tears in my eyes as I read it.

Q: [Newport Beach, CA]: …sorry for your loss [Glenn Frey], Sully. Another leftie creative genius is gone.

A: Left-handedness does seem to correlate or at least associate with creativity. However, Glenn was ambidextrous (which may be an even deeper association with creativity). He golfed, wrote and swung a baseball bat left but played guitar right-handed.

Q: [Many recent emails/messages ask if I was at the private memorial for Glenn Frey at The Forum in California which has been reported in the media and speculated about on fan blogs.]

A: Actually, it was styled as a celebration of Glenn’s life, and I was there. Celebration with music, celebration with stories and laughter, celebration with food – this was life lived large in the key of G(lenn). It was a little surreal, as if all walks of life had suddenly come together, as indeed they had.
    No pretenses, no putting on airs, no intrusive media. The invitation said that dress was Glenn Frey standard – “Jeans and a sport coat or a damn fine suit. Players choice!” And the quality of the communication, the music, and the table, as always with Glenn and Cindy Frey, was first-class plus.
    Picture DisneyWorld where the frontiers are all intermingled: one minute you’re chatting with Stevie Wonder, Don Henley or Kareem Abdul Jabbar and 15 minutes later it’s Randy Newman, Cameron Crowe or Paul Shaffer. The musical offerings culminated with a rockin’ finale that included the Eagles past and present, Bob Seger, Paul Stanley of KISS, Jackson Browne, JD Souther, and too many others to remember. But the number that got to me the most was the poignant last performance of “Desperado” – the signature song that brought Glenn and I together in the first place. I’d seen the grim and tragic (it seemed to me) presentation of that musical masterpiece the night before at the Grammys, and it suddenly struck me here at The Forum that this was the last time it would ever be performed with the remaining Eagles. There were the dimmed lights and the empty space where Glenn should have stood, and suddenly with the last fading chord the waves of shock and denial ended and I knew with crushing finality: Glenn was gone.
    It’s called closure, but it’s never that. Acceptance is what it is. Acceptance and celebration, which is what I felt sharing quality time at the Frey house the next day. Accomplished and capable Cindy Frey is a beacon of positive energy and honest emotion, and the younger Freys have left nothing untapped in the gene pool. Taylor’s muse has all the fire and pz-azz of Glenn’s muse, especially in her writing; Deacon can melt the hearts and rock the socks off any audience; and Otis will charm you with his candor and zest for life. America’s future and the Frey legacy are in good hands. Maybe Glenn said it best in one of his last songs, the eerily prophetic It’s Your World Now:
    “It’s your world now
    Use well the time
    Be part of something good
    Leave something good behind
    The curtain falls
    I take my bow
    That’s how it’s meant to be
    It’s your world now…”
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 10-31-2016 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Added a bit more of the article
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time