Page 152 of 152 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152
Results 1,511 to 1,517 of 1517

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I read this when you first posted, CA, but, I forgot to comment. Glad the thread was revived and triggered my memory. I really enjoyed reading this too, especially the last part ...

"Glenn Frey was why I loved the Eagles, he was one of the reasons I wanted to play music, and most importantly, he made it seem like something I could do. I could never be John Lennon, but as stupid as it sounds—and trust me, even then, I knew how idiotic it was—that young version of me felt like I could be Glenn Frey, or at least a version of him. For about three years, I was, too.

And to this day, every time I play that funky D chord, I think of him.

Rest in peace, Mr. Frey."

That's a very lovely tribute - I bet Glenn would love it.
    Yes I think more than any formal accolades this is the way he would love to be remembered, by someone watching him do what he loved best, appreciating it and then applying it to his own music
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    https://superiorshit.blogspot.com/20...test-tour.html

Rock's latest tour gimmick is Member Swapping!

After all, those lovable Eagles have continued on without Glenn Frey despite Don Henley's claims that they were done. Once your accountant leaves you a couple anxious messages about having to "move some shit around", suddenly you realize that the show must go on.

So, once we're past the "sacrilege", which we are, why not hire someone with some name recognition to sing Glenn's parts and put some more asses in those stadium seats before the band gets downgraded to theatre act?
    I LOVE this.

I couldn't agree more with him. It's such bull$hit that they are still doing this. Ugh. The line about the accountant is oh so true. If money isn't the root of all evil, it has to be up there on the list of what is!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016
    "People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time"

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Came across this blog post/article this afternoon (what? it isn't morning anymore? that's what happens when I sleep in), and I really enjoyed reading it. Thought some of you might, too.

https://www.usrepresented.com/2016/0...to-glenn-frey/
    And I LOVE this too...

That "funky D chord" with an F sharp is in sooooo many songs. As a side note, many people play the intro to AC/DC's Highway To Hell wrong. The intro is basically based around three chords - A, D, and G. But the D has that F# in it and most don't pick up on it. It's essential.

Glenn was very influential.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles 1972-2016
    #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Lewis Frey 1948-2016
    "People don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time"

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    And I LOVE this too...

That "funky D chord" with an F sharp is in sooooo many songs. As a side note, many people play the intro to AC/DC's Highway To Hell wrong. The intro is basically based around three chords - A, D, and G. But the D has that F# in it and most don't pick up on it. It's essential.

Glenn was very influential.
    Austin, I must admit: I was thinking of you when I read this article and knew I had to share it!

Not sure if this or the “Remembering Glenn” thread is the right place to post but since this is about current news I’ll post here; if not then please move to the appropriate thread.

Anyway, in this new interview with John Beaudin, Jack Tempchin announces he is recording a new song that he wrote with Glenn in the late 80s/early 90s called “One More Time with Feeling.” He’s also recording a tribute song he wrote for Glenn “Never Had the Chance to Say Goodbye” (what a sad title). His new album is slated for release this summer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FY-nKbMTcI

Thinking of you and hoping for the best. Stay strong Randy!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the link Delilah - I'm really happy to hear that Jack is going to release 'Never Had the Chance to Say Goodbye'. When we had our Border Gathering in L.A. in January, 2017, Soda, Brooke, Glennsallnighter, Houston Baby, Perfect Little Sister, and I went to see Jack perform. It was just the luck of the draw that he happened to be playing that show in L.A. when we were there. We all had a chance to talk with him for a little while after the show and he was very gracious. He played the song that night and, of course, we were all extremely moved by it. I'm also looking forward to hearing 'One More Time with Feeling' on the new album.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for that, Delilah. I'm really glad to hear he's releasing it, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten