Page 142 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

That's great Glenn took them under his wing. Shun, the other member was the Irish one Niall Horan, who started his solo career last year (I know most about him since he resembles one of the "Downton Abbey" actors Allen Leech LOL). I've only liked a few of One Direction's songs but I have actually liked more of their solo stuff. I also remember a younger female singer, though can't remember her name right now, that tweeted about Glenn after he passed about him being a mentor to her too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Harry used to date Kendall Jenner, that's why he was at the Forum show. Kris Jenner is a long time friend of Cindy's. Both he and Niall have said they are huge fans of the Eagles. There are pictures floating around of Niall with Don and Timothy, and one of Harry with Sophie Henley. It's nice that Glenn was willing to mentor him.
    Last edited by Witchy Woman; 05-02-2017 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Harry used to Kendall Jenner, that's why he was at the Forum show. Kris Jenner is a long time friend of Cindy's. Both he and Niall have said they are huge fans of the Eagles. There are pictures floating around of Niall with Don and Timothy, and one of Harry with Sophie Henley. It's nice that Glenn was willing to mentor him.
    Yes, it really is nice! I think Glenn enjoyed mentoring and teaching alot - clearly his students at Steinhardt NYU appreciated and respected him very much.

“The biggest takeaway from working with Glenn was his passion for the craft of songwriting, and the work required to create a great song. This attention to detail and focus on a consistent and cohesive narrative is something that really pushed me as a writer, and I owe it to Glenn and the NYU songwriting program for this awareness. I'm so grateful to Glenn for his willingness to share his time and wisdom with us.” - Peter Wise Class of 2014

http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/news/2016/...ey_Remembrance

Stuck on the Border

Oh how I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when the students analyzed NKIT in front of Glenn. I've probably mentioned this before, but I'm a melody/chord person more than a lyric person, so it would be interesting to hear what kind of musical advice/comments the students received from Glenn.

I was able to attend his NYU masterclass and it was really fascinating, even for someone like me who isn't a songwriter. At the end, he sang "It's Your World Now" to those students out there - passing the baton to the next generation of songwriters. It was a lovely moment.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I was able to attend his NYU masterclass and it was really fascinating, even for someone like me who isn't a songwriter. At the end, he sang "It's Your World Now" to those students out there - passing the baton to the next generation of songwriters. It was a lovely moment.
    Wow, what an amazing opportunity so glad you were able to attend!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Sorry if this question is random but with young Deacon being in the news these days, I've wondered: was he named after the Steely Dan song "Deacon Blue"?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Saw this article come up on Glenn's Google Alert that there's some Eagles documentary that was made last year that will be airing on the Ovation channel called "The Long Road". They'll be airing other docs on other classic rock artists too all June. Here's the blurb from the site:

Eagles: The Long Road (2016) - Wednesday, June 7 at 8:00am ET

This documentary pays tribute to the life and career of one of the main band members, Glenn Frey. It revisits the achievements of one of the bestselling and most loved American rock bands of all time. Featuring some of their most popular tracks including "Hotel California", "New Kid in Town", "Life in the Fast Lane", "One of these Nights" and more, follow THE JOURNEY of the life of a true musical icon who will always be remembered.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...gends-20170517
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Sorry if this question is random but with young Deacon being in the news these days, I've wondered: was he named after the Steely Dan song "Deacon Blue"?
    Yes, as far as I know.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Can't to wait to see this one and some of the others mentioned too!

Thanks for the headsup!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten