Page 119 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Yep - I agree with you chaim about TIE being the obvious choice. I didn't vote in the poll, but, TBH, if I had, it's probably what I would've voted for. I think the reason it usually wins these type surveys and is the one played in most of the tributes is because it is the definitive Eagles/Glenn song. Having said that, it is a little refreshing to see NKIT get some much-deserved props.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    TIE was my choice, but I don't mind that it didn't win.

While Glenn's credits for the lyrics are only those two lines, I think TIE showcases his talents as an arranger. As much as I love JB, his version of the song doesn't touch Glenn's. JB himself has talked about Glenn's arrangement and the big Eagles harmonies on the song.
    Exactly PM - ITA.

(And BTW, it's so nice to have you back even under such sad circumstances. I've really missed ya).

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The result of Rolling Stone's poll of 'best' tracks:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...songs-20160127
    I am not happy that once more, the Lebowski stuff was trotted out,
    Oh god. I hate that too. Some of these writers probably just know it's something the I guess "hipsters" quote or whatever. That line about the Eagles is simply a device to get The Dude thrown out of the taxi. These people make it seem The Big Lebowski was a movie about a guy who hates the Eagles. It's about a slacker, well, bum who muddles through this increasingly complicated situation. They act like it's the Coens' big statement on "corporate rock".

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I think I'll have to correct part of my statement. I have nothing against Take It Easy and people voting for it, especially when they know other Eagles/Glenn songs too but still prefer TIE. I think I was thinking of casual fans who only know HC and TIE and therefore vote for TIE as the best Glenn song. Not that NKIT is an obscure song, but perhaps TIE is a more obvious choice for people who don't know much about Eagles/Glenn. You know, it's a bit like asking what's the greatest Procol Harum song from people who only know A Whiter Shade Of Pale. That's what I was afraid of.

Having said that, I may have been wrong. Most of the people who voted probably know a lot about the Eagles. When I think about it now, I can't see tons of casual fans giving their vote.
    I'm afraid I disagree. Apart from NKIT winning, every other choice, including the handful of solo songs, was 'obvious'.

I contrast this with when they did one for Phil Collins & my second favourite of his songs, The Roof Is Leaking, made the list. Only real fans would have voted for that.

They did better with another list of what they considered Glenn's 20 best songs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...-songs-2016011

Anyway, they have run this now. It includes some very nice comments by Don Felder, and also Randy Newman among many others. I hope this will be part of a cover story after the Bowie cover.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...story-20160128

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post

(And BTW, it's so nice to have you back even under such sad circumstances. I've really missed ya).
    Kay, I wish I could give you a big hug. I'm so, so sorry this happened.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Me too on both counts!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    They did better with another list of what they considered Glenn's 20 best songs.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/li...-songs-2016011
    I get a "Sorry for the inconvenience, this page is not found".

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Dreamer- I love the new profile picture! But it seems so strange to see a different profile picture from the only one we've ever known. I've loved all the pictures of the Border members with Glenn.

For the record- I voted for NKIT. It's always been and will always be my favorite Glenn vocals.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, Dreamer, I didn't recognize you in your new profile pic! Awesome that you got to meet Glenn and what a wonderful picture!

I would have voted for TIE as it's always been my favorite Eagles song, but love NKIT too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I get a "Sorry for the inconvenience, this page is not found".
    I get the same thing.

TIE and NKIT are pretty close together on my list of favorite Eagles songs.(#10 and #12 respectively) TIE is the Glenn song (meaning that Glenn sings lead) that most people know. It's like his Hotel California. He may not have wrote much of the lyrics, but it's still an Eagles song, and probably their most well known after Hotel California. I probably would've voted for it myself. Heck, my 2 favorite Glenn Eagles songs are 2 that he didn't write at all, Outlaw Man and Already Gone. I am glad that NKIT won, even though I can't see the list, because I do believe that it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

I agree about Dreamer's new AV. It's cool and amazing that you got to meet Glenn, but I keep doing a double take.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Yeah - I just felt like I needed to change. I actually started to change my av temporarily last month when we celebrated the 10 year anniversary of the board, but ultimately I decided against it. I really don't know why, but I'm glad I didn't change it now. I going to post more about it in another thread so as not to take this thread too much off topic.