Page 122 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Yep - I know FP, but we are trying to post the articles related to Glenn's passing in addition to the links. Often times, after a while, when you click a link that has been posted for an article, you just get an error message because the link is no longer active.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yep - I know FP, but we are trying to post the articles related to Glenn's passing in addition to the links. Often times, after a while, when you click a link that has been posted for an article, you just get an error message because the link is no longer active.
    I really appreciate these articles being posted as I know I will want to go back & retread them in the future. There is so much being written right now that it's hard to take it all.

I've been saving everything I see..posts, interviews, videos, etc...to watch later...when I feel I can cope...

Out on the Border

A link to the first article below was posted earlier in this thread. The article was published in the New York Daily News just one day after Glenn's death. I was terribly disturbed that someone that is supposed to be a professional journalist would be so insensitive and self-indulgent.
    A messed-up person with an agenda.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by JennyCH View Post
    A messed-up person with an agenda.
    Which was why I wasn't sure whether those particular articles needed to be posted in full. It doesn't matter, I guess. It gives another perspective.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Which was why I wasn't sure whether those particular articles needed to be posted in full. It doesn't matter, I guess. It gives another perspective.
    I'm sorry this fellow and the chick in the New Yorker are worrying about everything from critics, Lebowski, odd neighbors in Brooklyn, tomfoolery and the kitchen sink. I just know when I put on Eagles albums, there's songcraft, musicianship, stories, ideas, and great singing. From Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly, Holland-Dozier-Holland, Brian Wilson, Eagles to Springsteen, Townshend to Vedder that's what it's all about. Did it move me?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I hope this is the right thread to post it in. I mentioned this on my Tumblr but after the Screen Actors Guild Awards aired and they didn't include Glenn in their tribute (they said they had a cut off date so it'll be in next years) I looked up their Twitter and saw they did post a tweet when he passed. They mentioned in it that he joined SAG in 1969 which threw me because normally you don't get into the actors union unless you've acted. My guess is after he moved to LA he must have done commercials or bit parts for a TV show for extra income. I just always though "Miami Vice" was his first acting role but seems like that's not the case.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Love that Longbranch Pennywhistle poster, SS - that brought a smile to my face.

And buffy - It's possible that Glenn did some acting when he first came to L.A. although if that were the case, I think it's odd that no information or video ever surfaced about it. But you never know, so I guess we can't really assume anything.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Love that Longbranch Pennywhistle poster, SS - that brought a smile to my face.

And buffy - It's possible that Glenn did some acting when he first came to L.A. although if that were the case, I think it's odd that no information or video ever surfaced about it. But you never know, so I guess we can't really assume anything.
    I do know that the actors guild, like most workforce unions, won't let anyone in unless you had a role in something. Sometimes when you watch the SAG Awards they'll have the actors talk about when they got their SAG card and it's usually a small role they have in a commercial, TV show, or film. It is odd no one knew about it till now, but my guess is he probably did it for the health insurance and to say he was an actor. LOL It was probably a really small extra role or ad so not that many would know.