Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Thank you UTW! Loved reading about Glenn's memory of his appearance on the Letterman show. I remember that I loved watching him play the piano on Desperado and also his shout out to Don. So sweet!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Interesting story based on the Pepsi commercial Glenn did with Don Johnson.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danmeth/this...ory#.kwr380mMj
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Ok, that's it. When I go grocery shopping Saturday, forget the Dr. pepper or Mountain Dew, I'm getting Pepsi.

That's the first time I've seen the commercial, and I like it! Glenn looks good even the cartoon that they drew!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

That story was a hoot! I love creative fans!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yep - I agree ... too cute!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn Mentions in the Press/in Blogs etc.

I'm quoting a post from more than four years ago. It's about a 2 hour chat Glenn did with Robert Wuhl which unfortunately doesn't seem to be available anymore. Just as well that Soda did such a good writeup (and there are interesting comments from other people from around page 22 of this thread). I have a couple of questions, if anyone can remember back that far:
    a) what was the "cowboy dream crap"?
    b) how did Glenn deal with the money-split question?
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    OK - my thoughts!

- First off, as I've said before, I love how relaxed Glenn sounds, like he's in a great mood and having fun. When he has fun, we have fun.

- The man obviously has an amazing memory. He kept rattling off names and dates and was able to discuss the catalog of any classic-rock musician they brought up (and they brought up a lot). This is good news for us if he ever decides to write a biography!

- Loved how much he talked about the Detroit / Linda / early days. Glenn rockin' the "Ramblin' Man" backing vocals.

- Interesting that he talks about wanting to impress Neil Young in the early days, which Young was such a jerk to him later. You suck, Neil Young!

- He only thinks there are two or three Eagles songs that will stand the test of time? I wonder which ones? I guess HC and TIE are givens, but what else? I personally think that is a serious low-ball number. Probably just being modest.

- I thought the "Cowboy Dream crap" was funny too.

- Glenn is always praising Don Henley to the skies. He's so gracious.

- This is the first time I've heard Glenn talk about hiring Joe with an eye towards making them "a bigger concert attraction." The "rolling Joe out in a roadbox on stage" is hilarious. I love that he says Joe helps them "kick a$$."

- They opened for the Rolling Stones in 1975? Does he just mean for the festivals like Wembley?

- Wow, Glenn didn't shy away from the money split question. Smooth.

- LOL About Michael Jackson (RIP) wanting to buy a lot of his own albums to get Thriller ahead of Eagles: The Greatest Hits.

- Hotel California was only the 3rd biggest selling album of the year of its release. I get they were behind Fleetwood Mac's Rumours but Saturday Night Fever??

- Glenn says "Hotel California" has no fixed meaning because it is "a state of mind." Interesting.

- Eagles as an opening act were dissed by headliner Jethro Tull back in 1973! Again, I love hearing these early stories. (It reminds me of the Holland 1973 show where Glenn says something like "This next song, Witchy Woman, was a single off our last album, you may recognize it... at least, we hope you do....")

- White rock stars can't get old and fat! LOL! Glenn: "You know what helps us? The songs are still pretty good." Still, he has to know how lucky he is that he still looks so good.

- Glenn jokes about "You Belong to the City" sitting at number 2 for six weeks and how he's not bitter that it got edged out by Jefferson Starship's "We Built This City." Then, of course, they play a clip of the obviously inferior "We Built This City" as Glenn exclaims "There you have it, ladies and gentlemen!" So funny!

- I had never heard how Glenn got his Los Angeles Lakers floor seats in 1979 because they hired the guy who owned the LA Forum (and the Lakers) to promote the Eagles concert there. Now look at him! And I love that Glenn uses the word "fandom" ("That was the beginning of my Laker fandom.") That term was popularized by internet fan communities. He's with it!

- I love how reverently Glenn talks about the Lakers "Showtime" era games. "They had a run against the 76ers that was like a 49-9 run, that was just the most beautiful 20 minutes of fast break basketball that you ever saw..." He's so into it!

- I about died laughing when he referred to himself and Cindy (with RA and lupus, respectively) as the "auto-immune couple of Southern California." LOL! And yet he's so modest he doesn't even want to talk about how much he's done for Lupus LA. What a guy.

- So Glenn not buying into the Cleveland hockey team "Killed hockey in Cleveland!" That gave me a laugh.

- Glenn: "I'm doing the song in G minus" when referring to singing off-key. hehehe.

- Make a solo record. Yes. Please. (I know he was just making a vague reference to stuff an Eagle "could" do outside of the "mothership" of the Eagles band but still).

- I'm not surprised Glenn was with Henley at the Beverly Hills Cop movie premiere, especially since Azoff was the one who invited him. Remember that Glenn reached out to Don that year by playing "Desperado" on David Letterman and dedicating it to him.

- Glenn, regarding THIO: "They paid me a nominal fee- $15,000." Um. That's nominal in 1984? mmmkay. No performance royalty for soundtrack songs, eh? Yet he still says he finds it thrilling that it's played at sport events. That's adorable.

- The Eagles would rock the Superbowl but I can see why they might not be big on the whole medley thing.

- Glenn likes the Black-Eyed Peas! I like 'em too, although they have some big stinkers along with the good stuff. More surprisingly, he likes LADY GAGA! Oh my freaking gosh! "Wear whatever you want," he says, unfazed by Gaga's questionable fashion choices such as the raw meat dress. "She's got some chops." He also says he likes Bruno Mars; I'll have to check him out. "Chord changes - what a concept." lol

- And Glenn explains why he's not doing Pebble Beach anymore. They didn't invite him back! BOGUS!!!!! Thank God I got to see him when I had the chance. That, and the events that later transpired as a result, were freaking highlights of my life. I'm not even kidding.

- Looks like Glenn might do some guest-announcing at a baseball game! Good deal!

- Hotel California, the musical? I love anything Eagles, but it will be weird to listen to Broadway singers do the vocals that can only be done justice by our guys. Still, I'm game. I'm just wondering if it will be quasi-autobiographical like Jersey Boys or completely fictional with the songs as a skeleton for the story like Mamma Mia. I would prefer the former myself but I imagine the latter is more likely.

This interview... and Glenn Frey... are made of awesome.

Sorry, UTW, I don't remember those bits. I could have sworn I had it downloaded, but I can't find it on my hard drive. I'll keep looking! The thing I always remember about the interview is Glenn picking the Jets over the Steelers in an upcoming playoff game.

Glenn's portion of the show was a lot longer than intended. Tony Dungy was supposed to be on the show, and he had travel delays, so Glenn covered for that, which was great for us.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for looking. It was obviously a very good chat for fans as the comments went on for several pages.

I'll keep searching. The problem is that for a while there he did so many interviews and they ended up with obscure names. At the time I knew what they were, but now, not so much.
    VK

My memory isn't the greatest, but I believe the "Cowboy Dream crap" was about Desperado and the guys imagining that they, as rock stars outside the mainstream, were "outlaws."

The money split was dealt with using a sports analogy: star players get more money, not everyone can be the quarterback, and Felder couldn't accept that.

Feel free to correct me if I'm remembering wrong, guys!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten