Page 108 of 156 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I agree. His sweet(sugar) side is much bigger than the steel side of him. I wish that we could hear more about his kind deeds, but "god likes a quiet giver".
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

While I was reading the Olivia Newton-John story it reminded me of another of the same type of story that I had heard about Glenn, but I couldn't remember the details. While a was searching for an unrelated topic last week I came across a link to the story that I was thinking about!

This story was posted by Elizasong in the “Nice Story About Glenn Frey” thread on Dec 21, 2013:

I don't post often here but I thought this group would appreciate this story. I'm reading a book by Susan Hamilton called Hit Woman. Her claim to fame was she ran one of the most successful jingle companies around.

There is a chapter called "One of Those Nights". She tells a story of recording a beer commercial with Glenn Fry in the 80's. She is taken all over LA the first night she gets there at the insistence of the client and ends up in a undisclosed club with the group including Glenn. At one point she has a heart to heart conversation with him and he admits he's not interested in any of the pretty girls around them. He's more interested in a woman who's going to make him cinnamon toast in the morning, sit across from him with no make up on and ask him how his day went. And then he asked her "Do you make cinnamon toast by any chance?"

Her experience recording with him in the studio went very well. She proved to him that she knew was she was doing and he taught her some new helpful techniques on editing which he credited as learning from Don.

The last night she was there he took her out to Dan Tana's for dinner. As they were in the booth talking a strange look came over his face. He looked over her shoulder and said "what is that" pointing to a potted plant behind them. Tucked away in the potted plant was a wrapped package. the package was a large bottle of Joy perfume with a note that said "It was a joy to work with you. Glenn"
    UtW added this:

What I liked about it was it was about making her feel better. I admit it, I went off to read the text (most of it's viewable through amazon's Look Inside feature) and the context makes it even sweeter.

She'd arrived late for dinner, straight from the airport and was feeling rumpled and dressed for the wrong climate. She was expecting a hard time from Glenn because a few years before she'd had a messy divorce from Elliot Scheiner (Glenn's co-producer) but that didn't happen. They end up in this exclusive nightclub and she's the only woman over forty and under 5'8". She confides in Glenn that she's feeling small and so he tells her what he's looking for in a woman which lifts her spirits and she starts to enjoy the evening. She says she began to realise what a kind man he is.

It's also both sweet and sad that at the time he was going through his own messy divorce and what he was looking for was companionship and home comforts. At least that worked out.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

This author thinks Glenn should make a country album. I agree!!

http://www.wideopencountry.com/class...untry-records/
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I agree as well!

(Not too sure about Stevie Nicks, #3 on the list, doing country, though)
    -Kim-

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Glenn would be killer doing a country album; he's got the perfect voice and persona for it.

Don't you think Glenn was putting the moves on Olivia with the roses? She was a cutiepie - still is.

It's possible he was, but he does things like that a lot. By the same token, while it didn't involve red roses, I've read many instances of him going out of his way to be nice to or otherwise welcome or compliment men.
    VK

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

What a dollbaby. I'd make cinnamon toast for him anytime

I liked the NZ article as well, thank you. I hope his parents are still alive?

His father is, as far as I know. His mother passed in Sept. 2013.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

I wondered about his motives with Olivia N-J, but even if it was a move, it was a thoughful one. That she remembered it so fondly shows that it wasn't typical of LA men.

Anybody know what year Olivia came to the states? I would think that if it was when Glenn was married or seriously dating someone, then it was just an act of kindness. (That's just speculation on my part though).

I know nothing about Olivia except that she did the song Let's Get Physical.
    -Kim-