Page 110 of 156 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

No idea, but I've never heard Glenn refer to Ed as his stepfather. I assume that in all the ways that are important, Glenn's father is Ed.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

I read somewhere on this board that Glenn said he was aged three when Eddie and his mother married. If that's so, he's unlikely to remember any other father.

Eliot gives the impression that Glenn's mother was a single-parent when he was a teenager, but Glenn always refers to his "parents" so I think Eliot may just have missed the step-father aspect.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Didn't Glenn dedicate the song Working Man to Ed? Also, wasn't the song Strange Weather dedicated to both his and Cindy's parents? Because of that, Glenn must obviously respect Ed as his dad. Has Glenn ever mentioned anything about his biological father or that Ed isn't his biological father?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Not that I'm aware of, not even when asked about the ancestry of the name Frey, which is not his birth surname.

Stuck on the Border

In the Royal Oak bootleg from 2000 he mentions that his aunt & uncle are in the audience & that without them his mother wouldn't have met his real father. I can't remember which song he plays after this.

Stuck on the Border

A nice mention in a musician's blog from 2010 where he played at a charity event with Glenn. It must have gone well because he also played on the After Hours tour.
    The band and crew and staff are killer at their jobs and really a nice bunch of people as well, they made the job of coming in and covering the gig easy and fun, its hard to suck when everyone around you is doing their thing so well….and Glenn is……well….he’s Glenn Frey for chrissakes, he’s very cool and you know, those songs, and seriously, when he starts singing them it’s like “shit, that’s Glenn Frey singing that, and here I am”.
    http://www.stillmusic.com/?m=201003

Got this in a Google alert. I believe that it's known that Glenn's favorite Eagles album is One of These Nights, though.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/08/06/music
    -Kim-

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Got this in a Google alert. I believe that it's known that Glenn's favorite Eagles album is One of These Nights, though.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/08/06/music
    It's an old quote that was rehashed today, so yes, it is known! I have to say, when I first read this quote a long time ago, I was surprised that my favorite and the favorite of most of my friends agrees with Glenn. Although, he's saying his favorite song is OOTN, not necessarily the album is his favorite.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It's an old quote that was rehashed today, so yes, it is known! I have to say, when I first read this quote a long time ago, I was surprised that my favorite and the favorite of most of my friends agrees with Glenn. Although, he's saying his favorite song is OOTN, not necessarily the album is his favorite.
    Oops, I didn't notice that. When I saw "lp" in the title, I automatically assumed that he was talking about the album, not the song. One of These Nights is definitely one of their best songs, for sure. It's in my top 15 Eagles songs.
    -Kim-

I see now the title says he's saying his top LP is OOTN, but it's not what the quote says. I guess they're confused! Although for all I know, it's his favorite LP as well.
    VK