Page 132 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Glenn Frey Details His Detroit Years

This is an interview by Detroit Free Press music writer Brian McCollum that was originally published in 2003.

Large portions of this interview have never been published and are being unveiled here in the wake of Frey's death Monday at age 67.

----------------

Click on link below to read the extended version of the interview - it's fantastic!

http://www.freep.com/story/entertain...view/78987916/
    Dawn, thanks for this. I'm off to work now but I can't wait to read it this evening.

AG, they want people to know about the properties being for sale because they want buyers. Thus, I don't see a problem with broadening its reach by posting it, although it does make me sad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I find it quite touching that he bought adjacent properties - I assume one for his parents and one for himself or whoever was visiting his parents. I think I read that his father has moved to LA, so the La Quinta houses were probably no longer needed even before Glenn died.

As I read this, it makes me sad. Cindy is probably selling a few things since she probably doesn't need it. I wonder what other properties Glenn had. He probably left some of them in his will. I didn't know he had property on a golf course, but than again. He did love to golf.

I wonder if she's going to stay in New York or move back to California.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-05-2016 at 10:26 AM.

His properties in Aspen are for sale as well.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    His properties in Aspen are for sale as well.
    That really does make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    That really does make me sad.
    Makes me sad too.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The sadness aspect is one of the reasons why I debated about posting the listings. Those of us who've lost a close relative know what it's like to sort through their belongs and sell some or most of it. It breaks your heart, but it usually has to be done. The other reason I debated is because it just didn't "feel" right. When I scrolled through the Google Alert, I stopped dead in my tracks when I read this one. It was kind of like sticking a knife in me, another realization that Glenn is truly gone.

Now reading that his Aspen properties are for sell, makes me even sadder. I can't imagine how poor Cindy must feel doing this.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I just feel for Cindy right now as she sells a lot of their property at this moment. She might keep one property that Glenn probably left her or she might be downsizing since its only Otis left at home(Deacon and Taylor are probably living on their own). I wonder if Glenn left her and the children those properties or she decided to sell them. I would think money is probably not a problem since Glenn probably has her taken care of moneywise. I can understand that she's selling them.

From what I've seen in article, I know some celebrities would leave some of their property to their spouses and children and some don't, but I've never seen them sell them later.

Out on the Border

I am sure most of you have seen this piece that "The Guardian" dug out after Glenn's death. http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...daddy-magazine. It's from an old "Crawdaddy" magazine interview with Glenn back when they had just left Glyn Johns.

Did you, like me, do a doubletake as you read through it, trying to figure out why Frey, 66, was in a Howard Johnson's with his stuff in storage and about to hire Don Felder???

The notoriously hopeless sub-editors at The Grauniad (as it's known in the UK because of its plethora of typos) obviously skimmed this and thought, "hey, Glenn Frey is 66 - I know because I looked it up on Wikipedia."

I am guessing that an intern at the paper had never heard of him. Sad, but a really poor show on the part of a national newspaper.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I feel sad of course about his properties being sold, as its another confirmation that his gone. But again I'm sure that there is no question that Cindy and the family are more than well provided for either in property or financial terms. Its probably an issue of reviewing and consolidating his portfolio in order to work out the best way to invest in the future for his family. Also practical issues - Cindy may just not want to run a golf course, or may want to buy different property in the areas that they liked better suited to he needs now. Remember too that his Dad is still alive and needs to be provided for.
    I just hope that the proceeds are invested wisely.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP