Page 134 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I had no idea Glenn and Iggy Pop knew each other as teens. Personally I wouldn't have expected it with Iggy's music. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Me too. I was shocked. I always hear Iggy's association with David Bowie.

Iggy was only a year older than Glenn.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I'm not too surprised. Bob Seger's earlier material does have a garage rock sound to it, and that's what the Stooges' sound was, combined with punk rock. I find it very cool that they knew each other in the early days I can't picture them being in a band together, though.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

The Iggy connection is news to me, too. I love hearing these little stories!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Jack Tempchin talking about a future album that may have some new Frey/Tempchin songs:
    In January, Tempchin is putting out an album featuring recordings of the hits he wrote for others, as well as some songs intended for other artists that were never recorded. "I'm really excited about this album," says Tempchin, who's still in the recording process. "I'm doing some of the songs just like the Glenn Frey version or just like the Eagles version, and then other songs I'm doing them a little bit differently. It just depends on how I want to hear them." There will also likely be some songs he and Frey, who passed away in January, never got around to tracking. "There are a few of those, just songs I wrote with Glenn that never got recorded," he says. "So I'm going to have a couple new Glenn Frey/Jack Tempchin songs that no one's ever heard on this album, which I think will be of interest to a lot of people."
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...les-glenn-frey

Thanks for posting UTW!!! That's great Jack's going to have a new album and I'm looking forward to hearing these newish songs he wrote with Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Today's snippet is in German. I'll include the Google translation and then explain what I think it's saying. (I tried a few other translation programs but Google is the best). It's from an interview with Harold Faltermeyer.
    Der Erfolgsmensch hat gelernt, auch vermeintliche Niederlagen einzustecken. Eine brachte ihm ausgerechnet Glenn Frey, der Mitbegründer der Eagles, bei. Weil die Single „The Heat Is On“, geschrieben von Faltermeyer und Keith Forsey, ein solcher Chartsstürmer war, sollte der Interpret kalifornischen Wohlgefühls auch beim Soundtrack von „Beverly Hills Cop II“ mit von der Partie sein. „Doch im Aufnahmestudie benahm sich Glenn merkwürdig und zierte sich“, erzählt der Komponist. Irgendwann war der Star von der Bildfläche verschwunden. Über Freunde erfuhr Faltermeyer, dass Frey den Song „Shakedown“ einfach nicht mochte. Stattdessen durfte Bob Seger ran, der mit dem Song die Pole-Position der Charts erreichte. „Glenn Frey hat niemals ein Wort über den Titel verloren“, so der Herr der Filmhits.

The success man has learned to insert also alleged defeats. One brought him just Glenn Frey, co-founder of Eagles in. Because the single "The Heat Is On", written by Faltermeyer and Keith Forsey, such Charts striker was the interpreter Californian well-being also on the soundtrack of "Beverly Hills Cop II" of the party should be. "But in the recording study, Glenn behaved strangely and coy," says the composer. Eventually the star had disappeared from the scene. About friends learned Faltermeyer that Frey song "Shakedown" simply did not like. Instead allowed ran Bob Seger, who reached the pole position in the charts with the song. "Glenn Frey has never said a word about the title," the Lord of the hit movie.
    (The issue he's talking about concerns "Shakedown", not "The Heat is On". )

Because "The Heat is On" was such a hit, it was thought that Glenn should also be on the soundtrack for Beverly Hills Cops II. However, in the recording studio, Glenn's behaviour was strange and reluctant and then he disappeared. Faltermeyer learned from friends that Frey simply didn't like the song, "Shakedown". Instead, it was recorded by Bob Seger and it reached #1. Glenn Frey has never said a word about this.

Sorry for such a long post for what is essentially just confirmation that the "laryngitis" that prevented Glenn from recording that song was diplomatic rather than medical.

Stuck on the Border

Except that when Shakedown got to Number One Glenn rang Seger & said 'we're keeping the money in Michigan'.

Stuck on the Border

I'm not sure where this one belongs. It's about leadership lessons to be learned by watching Glenn in the documentary.

http://www.bizjournals.com/washingto...-the-hard.html

Jack Tempchin got interviewed by Rolling Stone Country today and announced his Glenn Frey tribute album will be out in January. The album will have covers of songs he wrote with Glenn that the Eagles or Glenn recorded, but about 5 will be new ones that Glenn never got to record but co-wrote. Jack also told some stories about how he wrote some of his songs and told some nice stories about Glenn too.
    ~*Amanda*~