Page 137 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Saw "20/20" on ABC is doing a special tomorrow night at 10 pm about all of those that have died this year and Glenn will be a part of those featured. The article details more of the segments for Prince, Muhammad Ali, and others but he is listed as being talked about too.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...2016-20161222#
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Thanks for the heads-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

20/20 is doing a special on the people who died this year. Glenn is suppose to be in there, but I don't know how long they will do him.

http://krvn.com/abc_classicr/david-b...abcid35832736/

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

My latest issue of Entertainment Weekly I got today previewing things to come in 2017 also had a tribute section to all of those who died this year and I love what Bob Seger said about Glenn. He also included a lyric to a song he wrote for Glenn that's going to be on his upcoming tribute album called "Glenn's Song". I got teary eyed and loved the picture they used (it's a black & white one of him playing guitar during the "Long Run" tour that I've seen on here before), and reading all the tributes for all of those who died this year. I haven't seen it online yet but I typed up what Bob said.

"I met Glenn when he was 17 or 18. He was from Royal Oak, Mich. and I was living in the same area, a little bit north. He was very charismatic, very likable, whip-smart. He was in a group called The Mushrooms, and I wrote this song for him called "Such a Lovely Child". Then he sang on my first hit, which was called "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man". Around '79, Glenn and I started writing "Heartache Tonight" together. Glenn had the verse "Somebody's going to hurt someone before the night is through." We hadn't been sitting down for more than five minutes and I just blurted out, "There's going to be a heartache tonight!" His eyes lit up huge. Because he knew, "Oh my God, Seger and I, we finally wrote a hit together!". Later, he worked out the rest with Don Henley and J.D. Souther. So that was the song that I sang at the memorial. It's still really hard to imagine he's gone. I wrote this song about him, "Glenn's Song": "When I think about you/I always smile." For me, that's the way it was. He was always a positive force in my life, never a negative one. It's hard to replace 49 years of that."
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Saw "20/20" on ABC is doing a special tomorrow night at 10 pm about all of those that have died this year and Glenn will be a part of those featured. The article details more of the segments for Prince, Muhammad Ali, and others but he is listed as being talked about too.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/a...2016-20161222#

Thank you, BF145, I probably would have missed this w/o the notice (and you, too, Shun).

That was a lovely tribute from Bob Seger. The title is touching-- "Glenn's Song".

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Very moving.

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I really felt like they could have done more with that 20/20 segment.

Still, it's nice to see him recognized.

No. I agree. I really wasn't surprised that they got him what a minute and a few seconds.

But at least they did say something about him. Some media outlets don't even bring up Glenn.

Ok. I was confused about HC. I know Glenn helped write the song with Don and of course Felder, but that's not the song he's going to be remember for. A few media places has been saying that. I guess they mean that as a whole for the band.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-23-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the Entertainment Weekly piece, BuffyFan. I particularly like:
    "When I think about you/I always smile." For me, that's the way it was. He was always a positive force in my life, never a negative one."

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Ok. I was confused about HC. I know Glenn helped write the song with Don and of course Felder, but that's not the song he's going to be remember for. A few media places has been saying that. I guess they mean that as a whole for the band.
    Yeah, they mean the band as a whole, because most media outlets are too lazy to do the research and realize that Hotel California doesn't really feature Glenn. I found that statement the lamest part of the 20/20 bit but at least his 90 seconds was better than the 3 seconds they gave some other people at the end.