Page 138 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I agree. Glenn could had gotten 5 seconds. To be included with David and Merle is a privilege I guess. I think he and David got the same amount of time. I'm glad they did bring up his solo career and started with The Heat Is On.

ABC just had a couple seconds of Glenn on their "Year: 2016" show.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    No. I agree. I really wasn't surprised that they got him what a minute and a few seconds.

But at least they did say something about him. Some media outlets don't even bring up Glenn.

Ok. I was confused about HC. I know Glenn helped write the song with Don and of course Felder, but that's not the song he's going to be remember for. A few media places has been saying that. I guess they mean that as a whole for the band.
    It's just easier to go with the band's best known song, isn't it, rather than make any effort to acknowledge what fans would regard as more appropriate. ETA: I've just seen Soda's post above. Great minds.

It's sad but the media went mainly with Bowie/Prince & then added Cohen. Glenn is constantly overlooked. It doesn't seem fair to us but he wasn't that high profile.

I'm glad Seger called his song 'Glenn's Song'. At least he has done something.

Stuck on the Border

Glenn wasn't mentioned in a similar article here today. I'm not putting Prince himself down, as I have nothing but respect for him, but it irritates me how most Finns seem to think that he was so much more important than Glenn, while I'm pretty sure that songs Glenn was involved with are more familiar to them than Prince's songs. On the other hand it's not their fault. They just don't know.

Agreed, chaim. I liked Prince and all, but in terms of hits, the Glenn and the Eagles had for more. They also were popular for a longer time. Prince burned bright and then faded.

I guess, like Bowie, his "bigger than life" persona made him more memorable to many. Glenn was not flashy. His icon status came from his work, not a flamboyant stage persona.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

I wouldn't call myself a Prince fan and I only like a handful of Bowie songs but I'm quite happy to acknowledge their outstanding contribution to music.

I think it's unfair to say that Prince burned bright and then faded, he released, at least, two albums, the year he died, over a dozen since the turn of the Century. He was an avid music maker. He's probably produced over a hundred great tracks but they mostly lie undiscovered as he shunned the record industry in later years.

The last Eagles show I attended, at a three day music festival , Prince headlined the following night. I enjoyed the Prince show more.

I know Glenn's great but I'm comfortable with the fact that most people don't. It's a great consolation that he is highly regarded by the people that are aware of him and, in his lifetime, he made a truck load of money doing something he loved to do.
    Still, I'm sure a posthumous revival in Glenn's music would be pleasant experience.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yeah, they mean the band as a whole, because most media outlets are too lazy to do the research and realize that Hotel California doesn't really feature Glenn. I found that statement the lamest part of the 20/20 bit but at least his 90 seconds was better than the 3 seconds they gave some other people at the end.
    So I guess he was on in the part I missed. I saw a glimpse of him at the very end and thought that was it. Maybe I can catch it online somewhere.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So I guess he was on in the part I missed. I saw a glimpse of him at the very end and thought that was it. Maybe I can catch it online somewhere.
    He was at the beginning. About 15 minutes into the special. They did about almost 10 minutes on Prince. Then they did a segment on some of the musicians that we lost this year. Glenn was included with David Bowie and Merle Haggard in that segment. I stopped watching after they did Glenn.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've actually seen Glenn mentioned in a lot of articles about the stars we've lost this year on US sites, magazines, and shows, but again I too agree he's not getting as much coverage since he's considered more part of the Eagles and David Bowie, Prince, and now George Michael were huge solo artists. But I am glad he's getting mentioned. This year has just been crazy with how many have died in the entertainment industry and from what I've read we've never seen this many famous people go in one year.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

As a lot of celebrities get up there in age, I think the numbers will grow in the next few years. I'm surprised Glen Campbell is still hanging on. They've been saying for months that he was in the final stages, but he's still hanging on.

Have you notice that a lot of stars who died this year either died from a heart attack or cancer.

I have seen some articles and videos online that included Glenn. As I was looking at who died this year, a few I didn't know died.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-27-2016 at 05:27 PM.