Page 139 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I've noticed that too Shun. I've even seen some science/health articles talking about how the US life expectancy actually lowered for the first time this year form 79 to 78, which hasn't gone down since sometime in the 70s/80s. Plus, celebrities usually don't seem to live as long which makes sense with all they've gone through, the stress, or things they did when they were younger that could cause long-term side effects. This whole year has been unreal and I agree with all the TV shows, movies, books, sports, and music over the past 5 decades those numbers will increase just by everyone getting older.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Anyone else pissed that Glenn gets no mention in many retrospectives...there was just one in an MSNBC spot...musically they mentioned Bowie Price Cohen and GMichael ... oh and the guy from Tribe Called Quest....not a word of Frey. One guy even mentioned the number of hits between the first three....imagine had he added Frey.

I get a lot of Google alerts about the celebrities who have died his year that mention Glenn.

Banned

This is a wonderful update of the Sgt Pepper cover, featuring stars we've lost in 2016. It's primarily UK focused but I was pleased to see Glenn included.

It has already been updated elsewhere, to include George Michael, Rick Parfitt, Carrie Fisher and a host of other faces, missing on the original update.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/1...-lost-in-2016/

Wow, that picture sure got crowded. Sad.

CNN had a "Best and Worst of 2016" and when it came to music, Glenn's name was mentioned and his photo shown along with others we lost. But that was it. Disappointing considering it was CNN. They did do a bit more on Prince and Leonard Cohen.

Dang. That's a lot of people who died this year. That number increase big time after that first picture was posted. They finally added Natalie too even though she died last year. I don't know half of those people in the picture.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That pic is so sad. Just been such a sad year and huge losses in the entertainment industry. I recognize a lot since a lot were actors but some I don't since it's UK based. Add in all the sports deaths too and it's so many people.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes I got that in an Irish Times alert too.

There's only one more RIP to do at this stage. RIP 2016!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I'm not sure of the best place for this.
    Jack Tempchin was interviewed recently of "Art of the Song" and it's available to listen, without registration, for the next week.
    http://artofthesong.org/jack-tempchin/

Jack talks about meeting and writing with Glenn. He plays a few songs from his 2016 album. They also play the Eagles version of "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and Glenn's recording of "The one you love" and a brief audio clip of Glenn taking about writing with Jack.

Thanks, UTW!! I enjoyed listening to that. Jack sounds like a down to earth guy who would be fun to be around. Obviously Glenn thought so!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."