Page 141 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

From an article I got in a Google alert:
    Harry Styles had a secret friendship with Glenn Frey
    APRIL 27, 2017

Harry Styles formed a secret friendship with Eagles star Glenn Frey before his death in 2016. The 23-year-old star grew close to the American singer before he passed away aged 67 in January last year, and Harry even attended his memorial service in Los Angeles alongside the likes of Stevie Wonder and Don Henley. Cameron Crowe, who interviewed Harry for Rolling Stone magazine, told The Sun newspaper: “The first time I met him was for the memorial. He was really missing his friend.” The extent of Harry’s friendship with the star was never previously known, but he did pay tribute to the Eagles singer a day after his death. In a post on Instagram, Harry wrote: “Rest in love and peace, Mr Frey.”
    https://m.worldheadlines.info/2017/0...th-glenn-frey/

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for that. Cameron Crowe mentions it in a recent podcast for Rolling Stone. He doesn't say anything further about Glenn but he describes Harry Styles quoting from Almost Famous, "Just make us look cool" (a quote that Crowe has previously attributed to Glenn).
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...styles-w478700

How sweet!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That really was sweet.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The full story is blocked by my computer. Irving Azoff's son manages Harry Styles.

Call me cynical and awful, but I hope Jeffrey Azoff is not just name-dropping to get some easy cred for his client.

Maybe it's the way the article was worded, "Harry even attended his memorial service in Los Angeles alongside the likes of Stevie Wonder and Don Henley" that raised my hackles. Something kinda tasteless and self-aggrandizing about that, no?

Maybe it's just me.

You could be right about the name-dropping, NMB, although I can't access the entire article for clearer context.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

By sheer coincidence, Harry's debut solo single has just been released and he's announced a big tour.

The Frey connection just smacks of opportunism but as I cannot emphasize enough, I am a grumpy middle-aged woman

If I remembered, a few of the members of One Direction have met the guys and one of them was at the Forum concert and I think I remembered they saying the Eagles were one of their influences. I could be wrong.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-28-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

The context is that as part of the promotion for his new single and album, Harry Styles is on The Cover of the Rolling Stone (thank you Dr Hook) with Cameron Crowe writing the article. In a podcast for Rolling Stone, Crowe says that he first met Harry Styles at Glenn's memorial. I don't know if there's any more to it than that.

Harry Styles was seen at an Eagles concert with the daughter of one of Cindy Frey's friends. He's managed by Irving Azoff's son and he also attended the tribute concert at the Troubadour, presumably with the Azoffs and Cindy Frey. It certainly seems likely he would have met Glenn backstage and I can believe Glenn would enjoy talking to a young singer/songwriter about to make the move from boy band member to solo artist.

Yes, I certainly can believe Glenn would be encouraging and kindly to a young musician.