Page 144 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Out on the Border

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    It worked for me. I'll post the relevant part in case it doesn't work for someone else. I got tears in my eyes as I read it.
    Yes, it was a loving tribute to Glenn. I was there too. Greatest concert I've ever been to and most of all, hearing all the stories about Glenn and how much he meant to everyone!
    Take it Easy and Have a Peaceful Easy Feeling

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I find it quite touching that he bought adjacent properties - I assume one for his parents and one for himself or whoever was visiting his parents. I think I read that his father has moved to LA, so the La Quinta houses were probably no longer needed even before Glenn died.
    Yes, the two properties which Glenn bought were one for him and one for his parents. His mother, my Aunt Nellie, was an avid golfer almost all her life until the end. Since Uncle Eddie is up there in years, he is unable to utilize the property any longer so it makes sense to sell the properties if they aren't being used.
    Take it Easy and Have a Peaceful Easy Feeling

Stuck on the Border

Soda - Thank You for the well wishes ! I trust you have recovered also.

GlennsCuz - Welcome to the Border. Please accept our deepest sympathies - we all loved Glenn. Love the stories. Best wishes to you and all your family.

Don't forget Eagles: The Long Road will be on this weekend at 8:00am Eastern/7:00am Central on the Ovation channel. The special will be an hour long. I already set my DVR.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That documentary was really well done and I watched it this morning as I ate breakfast. Did tell the band's history and had a slightly more focus on Glenn. I loved the interview clips they used as they were new to me.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I wish I could have seen it but we don't get the Ovation channel. Did the band history parts reveal anything new? Was there any/some mention of Bernie, Randy or Don F? I'm glad it was well done but it would be nice if it had been broadcast somewhere with more exposure.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I recorded it this morning since I was heading out to work during that time. Can't wait to watch it when I get home from work.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

I don't get that channel either.
    Wish I could have seen it or it had been on a bigger channel.

I get the channel, but I don't have DVR and I couldn't watch because I had to go to work. Does anyone know if this will be re-aired or if it will be posted online?

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I didn't really notice anything new expect the interview segments they had in it (which might not be to others). They did at the end too have a debate about if the Eagles should continue, with one of the music history people saying no and the other saying yes, so it was for sure made before the East/West concerts were announced. Not sure if it's reairing or will be online.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."