Page 145 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1552

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I don't think its going to be reaired again, but I think it might be online.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Shun - I know you are amazing about finding such videos, so hopefully something will show up soon.

Stuck on the Border

I just saw one one of the Eagles Fan FB Pages you can watch it on demand. I don't know if there is fee or if it is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I wish I could have seen it but we don't get the Ovation channel. Did the band history parts reveal anything new? Was there any/some mention of Bernie, Randy or Don F? I'm glad it was well done but it would be nice if it had been broadcast somewhere with more exposure.
    I recorded it and watched it last night. I don't believe anything new was revealed. They were showing an interview with Glenn that I believe was from 2012.

They showed pictures from the beginning up to more recent. (and if I may say so...numerous pictures of Randy)And did talk about all seven members and their contributions to the band and when they left or started. They didn't dwell on the negative too much, just mentioned the friction within. They showed clips of songs from 1977 Capital Centre concert footage and talked about each album that was made and the singles/hits from each. They did touch on solo careers of Glenn, Don H and Joe.

One interviewer mentioned the Classic West/East concerts and said that some fans want the Eagles to be done with Glenn's passing and others want them to continue. He said he would like to see them continue and bring back two of the original Eagles, Randy and Bernie of course, and perform in that fashion. I have to say I totally agree with him there! All in all I thought it was a good program.

Oh..One thing I did have a problem with was the showed some band on stage from behind the performers (just their midsection, no heads were shown) bowing together at the end of their show like it was the Eagles and one of them had a "tramp stamp" (for want of better words, no offense intended). I was like whoa who was that!

Great review, ETG, thanks! I sure wish I could have watched it. And yes, bringing back Randy and Bernie would be awesome.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

I think the reason why they didn't show any interview clips from HOTE probably because they probably didn't have permission to use the footage of Glenn from HOTE documentary. I could be wrong, but that's the only thing I can think of as to why they didn't use his clips from HOTE and that would still be 4 or 5 years old. There's really not that many interviews of Glenn (that's current before he died) he just talked about the Eagles and I guess the interview from 2012 was closed which I'm still glad they even used interviews of Glenn instead of just only having others not related to the band talking about them which sometimes I hate those kinds of programs.

I watched some of it and I haven't watched all of it yet. I stopped at when they were talking about the Hotel California album.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Oh..Shun, thanks for reminding me...They did use parts of the HoTE press conference in London(?) I believe. Mostly just Glenn and Joe, a little of Don H. So sorry, I meant to put that in, I forgot.

Thanks Delilah. Wish I had a way to share it with you.

Has anyone found this online? I'd really like to see this and my cable provider doesn't have ovation on demand. Maybe someone could find a way to post the video?

Stuck on the Border

There's a new interview with former hockey player, Gene Carr, and he talks a bit about Glenn and their friendship.
    https://www.kelownacapnews.com/opini...-town-is-back/
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 06-11-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Groupie - Sorry, my cable company does not carry that station so I can not get on demand either.

UTW - Thanks for the interview. I remember seeing pictures of Glenn wearing Gene Carr's hockey jersey back in the day.