Page 39 of 156 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

On Monday they were Shop Around by The Miracles & Ramblin' Gamblin' Man by Bob Seger System (if you listen really hard you can hear the "Freymeister" singing backup).

Did you guess?

Today it was Don't Worry Baby by the Beach Boys & If You Don't Know Me By Now by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes featuring Teddy Pendergrass. Glenn is a big fan of Teddy's voice & met him before Teddy passed away a couple of years ago.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    On Monday they were Shop Around by The Miracles & Ramblin' Gamblin' Man by Bob Seger System (if you listen really hard you can hear the "Freymeister" singing backup).

Did you guess?

Today it was Don't Worry Baby by the Beach Boys & If You Don't Know. Me By Now by Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes featuring Teddy Pendergrass. Glenn is a big fan of Teddy's voice & met him before Teddy passed away a couple of years ago.
    I dint know that Glenn was a big fan of Teddy. Glad he got to meet him before he passed last year. Teddy was a great musical talent. He lived near where we do so He was big around here in the pHilly area.

Bob Seger should have been a given since he has history w glenn but I didnt know about Teddy
    THanks
    TT
    Last edited by Tiffanny Twisted; 08-14-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Did you guess?

Today it was Don't Worry Baby by the Beach Boys & If You Don't Know Me By Now by Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes featuring Teddy Pendergrass. Glenn is a big fan of Teddy's voice & met him before Teddy passed away a couple of years ago.
    No; I didn't guess any of those, but Don't Worry Baby is the least surprising. I am not a fan of Shop Around at all. I thought the Miracles were overrated. Much as I love RGM I am surprised that Glenn would choose a song he sang backup on (Baltimore, Glenn, Baltimore. Show us your Newman love).

Ooh, great choices!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    No; I didn't guess any of those, but Don't Worry Baby is the least surprising. I am not a fan of Shop Around at all. I thought the Miracles were overrated. Much as I love RGM I am surprised that Glenn would choose a song he sang backup on (Baltimore, Glenn, Baltimore. Show us your Newman love).
    I was sort of surprised that Glenn chose a song he performed on too, but he explained the great influence Seger had on him & how much he taught him, including when Bob let him sit in on the recording session.

Who is that in the picture with Glenn? He looks familiar, but I can't place him?

Glenn's song picks today are Try A Little Tenderness by Otis Redding. Glenn said that if he was teaching a class on record production that this is the first song that he would play for his students. He thinks "it is constructed so perfectly." (Glenn is such a big fan of Otis Redding. He must have named his Otis after him.)

I'll Be Around by the Spinners is his 2nd choice. He says this is a song that uses only 2 chords & that he mentions it when teaching a song writing class.

I for got to mention yesterday that Glenn said the beginning of If You Don't know Me By Now reminds him of the beginning of Take It To The Limit.

BTW, you can listen to the shows any time of day while each episode is still available-7 days from time of broadcast). Glenn is usually on in the last 25 minutes.
    Last edited by GlennLover; 08-15-2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Who is that in the picture with Glenn? He looks familiar, but I can't place him?
    Which picture, Tk?

Which picture, Tk?
    Wait, never mind, that isn't Glenn! Sorry