Page 41 of 156 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Glenn's picks for Friday

Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye. Glenn said that Marvin is one of his favorite singers & song write's. This is the ringtone that he has on his phone. Said people look when his phone rings & he says "Hey, I might get lucky". LOL

So You Want To Be A Rock'n'Roll Star by The Byrds. He quoted words from the song: "And with your hair swung right And your pants too tight It's gonna be all right". Said Byrds started out with folk music & then McGuinn took them to a new level.

He talked a bit about After Hours. Nothing new except he mentioned that he had recently done a private show with Joe (I assume this interview was done when Glenn was in London) & he has just as much fun playing James Gang songs as he does singing The Shadow of Your Smile.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Glenn's picks for Friday

Sexual Healing by Marvin Gaye. Glenn said that Marvin is one of his favorite singers & song write's. This is the ringtone that he has on his phone. Said people look when his phone rings & he says "Hey, I might get lucky". LOL

So You Want To Be A Rock'n'Roll Star by The Byrds. He quoted words from the song: "And with your hair swung right And your pants too tight It's gonna be all right". Said Byrds started out with folk music & then McGuinn took them to a new level.

He talked a bit about After Hours. Nothing new except he mentioned that he had recently done a private show with Joe (I assume this interview was done when Glenn was in London) & he has just as much fun playing James Gang songs as he does singing The Shadow of Your Smile.
    Sexual Healing as a ringtone? That's... Very interesting. I'm incredibly boring and keep my phone in silent mode (it's on the bluetooth in the house and car and so those things make noise when a call comes in). Honestly, I have no idea what ringtones I have set up. I wonder what this says about me?

I have to say, I have as much fun listening to them sing James Gang songs as I do listening to Glenn sing TSOYS.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Sexual Healing & So You Want To Be A Rock'n'Roll Star (which Don has sung with Stevie) are great choices, although I would have gone with What's Going On rather than SH (incidentally my ringtone is The Look Of Love).

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Not wanting to change the subject, but looks like Glenn is heading down unda!

Got this google alert this morning....

http://www.noise11.com/news/glenn-fr...ralia-20120817
    Although Paul Cashmere is normally a reliable source, he gives no detail for his statement or any indication where he got it from. I hope it's true, but I can't say more than that.

One time as a joke I made "Chug All Night" my ringtone... then it went off while I was in a conference with my dissertation committee chair. His eyes went wide as I scrambled to get it out of my purse and shut it off! Well, so much for ringtone, lol.

I wonder what part of "Sexual Healing" is his ringtone? I concur with VA. That's.... interesting. lol Heck, maybe he's just messin' with us and his real ringtone is some generic trill!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

With my previous Droid, I did have Elvis's A Little Less Conversation as a ringtone for a while. It stopped working for no apparent reason and I didn't fix it. No one got the joke, I guess because it's a favorite song of mine. Still...it seemed obvious to me. Maybe I'll hunt it up again and make a ringtone for when I don't have it on vibe.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My current ringtone is Partytown (first verse). It hasn't embarassed me yet, but I tend to keep my phone on silent a lot.

Sexual Healing.....? hmmmmm interesting!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Cool Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

sexual healing .....certainly one of my favorites

tt
    Last edited by Tiffanny Twisted; 08-17-2012 at 09:14 PM.

My ringtone is "After Hours". My previous one was "You Belong To The City". It was a bit loud for when my phone started to ring in a public place (such as Walmart).

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

I just made a ringtone out of "Seven Bridges Road"...but my text message tone is, um, the "Oh Amy!" portion of "We Made You"...by Eminem

Yes, I forgot to put my phone on mute one morning back in the spring. Yes, the students did hear the text tone. Yes, I did explain...and was very embarassed...maybe I need to change it to "Amie" by PPL??