Page 45 of 156 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

The first time I went to London was in 1990. I was just a kid. My family and I had just finished a six-month stint in Saudi Arabia. One of the first things I wanted to do when we landed in London from Jeddah was find a McDonald's and get a breakfast sandwich with bacon (no pork allowed in SA).

By then, there were plenty of McDonald's around! I remember hurrying up to the counter and eagerly ordering a "Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit." Of course, I had no clue that in the UK, a "biscuit" was a cookie. The lady at the counter looked at me like I was insane. I wound up having to settle for an Egg McMuffin, but hey, it was the BACONBACONBACON that counted! lol

I was pretty young then and I didn't appreciate trying new things. I wanted pizza, burgers, "french fries" etc. cooked in the manner to which I was accustomed. I lost 10 pounds when my family traveled to Asia and India because I found all the local food to be "gross" (much to my poor parents' mortification). Europe wasn't much better. In Paris, I wondered why my French onion soup wasn't covered in cheese like the way you get it in America, and I was disappointed when the pizza I got in Rome tasted nothing like the kind we got at Pizza Hut back home. When I ordered water in Venice and - unbeknownst to me - it turned out to be carbonated, I literally gagged on it. What the freak is this?! These people carbonate WATER?! Those are just a few examples of my then-limited and culturally lacking pallet.

Perhaps that was Glenn and Don's problem too (although it sounds like what was available in the 70s might also have been to blame)! Now, as adults, we have a different perspective. Fish'n'chips - yum!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

When I got off the plane at JFK, I begged my family to take me to WHITE CASTLE!!!! Can you imagine....WHITE CASTLE???? I was craving it for 7 weeks! I was 18. I guess when you're 18, this is great food!

Glenn Frey still loves playing the Eagles hits

http://blogs.abc.net.au/nsw/2012/10/...gles-hits.html

Its a Audio Interview!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

cute interview...I like the part about his hair!...and about "Mount Moolah"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

I don't know why he's wearing sunglasses indoors but it was nice of him to choose two Antipodean songs, Help Is On Its Way & Don't Dream It's Over, the latter of which is one of THE great songs. The other three are rather self-referential, though.

maybe he didn't sleep well and his eyes are all red?...or he's just tryin' to be cool lol...Don't Dream It's Over is one of my all time favorite songs...can't believe it's on his list!

Love Don't Dream It's Over (of course!) and I have "Help Is On Its Way" as my ringtone... because people only call me when they want help!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Glenn looks good, although I hope he doesn't make sunglasses indoors a habit. Henley did that for several years before he figured out it didn't work, and now Stevie Nicks has decided it's the way to go, copycatting her new BFF Dave Stewart. Let's hope Glenn just was having a rough morning!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

In additoin to the article, they list his solo albums and they reference one I've never heard of: Golden Fund from 1997. Does anyone have a clue what they're talking about?