Page 47 of 156 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Nope! Unless there's some new math going around which would be great, cuz then I could apply it to my own age. But 2012 - 1948 = 64.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I didn't know Glenn was in the movie Jerry Maguire! Hummm. I don't remember seeing him in that. What role did he play? Does anyone know?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

If I see the movie again I will have to pay more attention. I don't really remember this character.....
    On another note is this where the nickame "Sugar" comes from???? LOL
    Wondered how that name came to be??? Just curious if there was any connection!

There's no connection. The nickname "Sugar" came about because several years ago, on another board, I used the term "Sugar" when describing a certain photo of Glenn that I thought was hot. It just caught on!

Back then there was actually a bit of controversy over it at the time, as some argued it was inappropriate to use romantic nicknames when discussing the Eagles. Later, when a few of us made a Glenn board, we began to use the nickname liberally because we figured we could do whatever we wanted to there, lol. Before you know it, it became an established tradition.

That's also why Glenn has one and the other guys don't - although I'm not adverse to the coining of nicknames for the other guys, if anyone wants to see if one catches on!

You know, I haven't thought about all that in a while, but looking back, I still remember what photo it was:

Sugar looks like he's really feelin' it there!

Other names for other Eagles would go in other threads, so here, I'll stick with perhaps other names for Glenn. Sugar is fine as a nickname, but as sweet as he is, he definitely had a thread of steel running through him when the mood strikes him.

Other Borderers in other threads have suggested 'Sweet Cheeks' which is suitable, but I can't call him that as that was, , a name by which I called my ex-husband. Here is a good reason to call Glenn that, though:

Then, there's always 'Honey', but like Sugar, not always applicable. There's no doubt here's a real honey in this photo:

So, for myself, I will stick with the nickname I've always referred to him by when thinking of him. Handsome. He always has been, always will be, whether he's sweet as sugar or has a hint of steel running through his veins.
    VK

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Handsome fits very well, too, VA!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Everytime I open his photo thread and one of his pictures jumps out at me, that's usually what I say, 'Well hello there, Handsome'.
    VK

Stuck on the Border

People who have been around for a long time know that I don't think the word 'Sugar' fits Glenn at all and I have never used it to describe him (he uses it himself in True Love). It is too sticky sweet and as VA says he has too much steel for that. I occasionally use 'Sweetie' but I try not to. As for 'handsome' although he is, I couldn't refer to him that way.

I think "Sugar" has a lot of different regional connotations as well. In the American South and also Texas, when you say, "Come here, Sugar" it doesn't just mean "come here, you adorable little sweetie-pie!" It also means "Come here, Sexy." It depends on the context.

I have to admit I feel kind of silly deconstructing it like this! I just took it up as a harmless nickname, a rather shallow one at that, purely to communicate his sexiness. It had nothing to do with a personality analysis, lol.