Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I love how involved Glenn is getting with these very fortunate students. He continues to enrich people's lives of all generations!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I love how involved Glenn is getting with these very fortunate students. He continues to enrich people's lives of all generations!
    And following on very nicely... Glenn has just done a radio interview with a NZ radio host where he talks about this programme. He mentioned there were 16 students, 8 of whom were international students, and that some of the students were film score majors. Talked about the rules of writing, especially work habits, and commented that the one thing nobody can teach them is to be clever...

...also said the #1 rule for him when songwriting was "Find Don!". So cute!!!

Mentioned that the documentary (part 1) would be released at Sundance, then go to Cable TV for a month and then go on general sale. He said it had been really fun going into some of the older album tracks they had forgotten.

Then Glenn brought the conversation back to his visit to NZ, mentioning that he hadn't been here for a very long time, but remembers coming here in 1975 and then again during HFO. He remembers rain... (really? wonder why... ).

They are trying to expand their itineraries with tours, and he mentioned they would like to get to South America...

He closed by talking about the "mothership" again, and mentioned that his solo work increases his appreciation for the band as well.

I'm not sure when the link to the interview will go up, but I'll keep an eye out and post it when I see.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

At work and can't check this myself (sound is disabled on all our 'puters!), but here is - hopefully - the link to the interview:
    http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/auckland...543-december13

Not sure if it's the whole of the breakfast show, but if it helps you to find it - Mike Hosking was the host, and interviewed Glenn Frey at 8.13am this morning NZ time.

Guess I'd better go back up to my desk...
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border

'Remember Glenn Frey'?

Uh, yeah. Vaguely.

And then in the interview they suggest googling him. What I heard only lasted about five minutes when he talked about NZ.

Glenn who?

I only get the 5 minutes too.

Okay, I've listened to it now. What the link takes you to is a summary of all the morning's topics, introduced by someone else - and it's only a small part of the interview, which went for nearly 11 minutes. I'm not sure if the full thing can be retrieved anywhere else on the site (www.newstalkzb.co.nz) - I've had a quick look around. Maybe it will pop up in somebody's news feed...

I took notes during the interview, but it was pretty much what I had recapped in my earlier post. The only other note I have that I hadn't mentioned was Glenn commented about them performing in Vegas several times during the year - that it was an easy place to get to and they liked the venue.

Glenn took the call in his office in his recording studio, and commented that it was a good place to do interviews because the phone doesn't ring as much as it does at home!
    Suzanne

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

trhanks for the recap/update.
    io thought they liked vegas cause it was close to home and easy money.lol
    who knew they liked the venue too

Stuck on the Border

EK, I appreciate your summary. I do hope they go to South America. They have been everywhere else (although there are places in Eastern Europe they could try now).

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

[QUOTE=EaglesKiwi;204554...Glenn commented about them performing in Vegas several times during the year - that it was an easy place to get to and they liked the venue.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, cuz he doesn't have to sit in those extremely uncomfortable chairs.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesKiwi View Post
    Glenn took the call in his office in his recording studio, and commented that it was a good place to do interviews because the phone doesn't ring as much as it does at home!
    Could this mean that he is there recording? AH2?