Page 59 of 156 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

I'd like to ask him if he knows anything about non-American sport like football ('soccer'). It wouldn't bother me if he didn't but I would still like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Pretty cool. I'd never read that thread before. I knew Glenn was a sports buff and liked hockey, since I'd seen some pictures of him playing and of course, the Maple Leafs and Blackhawks shirts. I knew he went to at least one Kings game during the finals last year. However, I didn't realize he was that into hockey. I guess since he grew up in Hockeytown, USA it shouldn't be a surprise.

I had commented a long time ago in another thread about what Eagle we'd like to meet that I'd love to meet Glenn and just sit and talk about sports. Now, after reading all this, I'd like that even more!
    A friend of mine told me a story years ago about chatting with Glenn in the VIP lounge at a Kings game when she was waiting to get a drink at the bar. She knows nothing about music, and had no idea who he was. She said he was really nice, and he knew a lot about hockey. She actually wrote about it in a short essay in one of those compliation books by the Chicken Soup for the Soul people called "Hooked on Hockey". I'll have to get it out of the library and read it one of these days. But it cracks me up that she had no clue who she was talking to, until she walked back to her friend who of course knew exactly who he was.

I loved the fact that he never let on. He just sat there and talked about hockey

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm so jealous!! Seriously, do you know how difficult it is to find anyone who can talk intelligently about sports and especially hockey? Even baseball, I was out yesterday and my phone buzzed with an alert from the Bucs/Nats game. I mentioned it and the guy with me said he loved baseball. He talked about some of the big names on the Nats team and I mentioned that with all the inter-league play being more staggered this year, the talking heads were all wondering how long it would be before the National League changed their rules to include a designated hitter. I said how awful I thought that was, and this guy had no idea what I was talking about.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    A friend of mine told me a story years ago about chatting with Glenn in the VIP lounge at a Kings game when she was waiting to get a drink at the bar. She knows nothing about music, and had no idea who he was. She said he was really nice, and he knew a lot about hockey. She actually wrote about it in a short essay in one of those compliation books by the Chicken Soup for the Soul people called "Hooked on Hockey". I'll have to get it out of the library and read it one of these days. But it cracks me up that she had no clue who she was talking to, until she walked back to her friend who of course knew exactly who he was.

I loved the fact that he never let on. He just sat there and talked about hockey
    now how cool is that.glad i likehockey

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm so jealous!! Seriously, do you know how difficult it is to find anyone who can talk intelligently about sports and especially hockey? Even baseball, I was out yesterday and my phone buzzed with an alert from the Bucs/Nats game. I mentioned it and the guy with me said he loved baseball. He talked about some of the big names on the Nats team and I mentioned that with all the inter-league play being more staggered this year, the talking heads were all wondering how long it would be before the National League changed their rules to include a designated hitter. I said how awful I thought that was, and this guy had no idea what I was talking about.
    So did this guy not know what a DH was? That is pretty shocking. LOL

My friend said the reason she liked talking to Glenn was that, at the time (which was in the mid-80's, before Gretzky played there), it was hard to find anyone in LA who knew anything about hockey. And this "cute guy in a Michigan t-shirt" knew what he was talking about.

Funniest part of the story to me was when they started talking, she asked him what brought him to LA. He told her it was his work.

I'm sorta sad there weren't more Twitter comments or any any online reviews for the Maui show. I at least wanted to know what he wore.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    I'm sorta sad there weren't more Twitter comments or any any online reviews for the Maui show. I at least wanted to know what he wore.
    I was shocked, too. A few comments about people getting ready to go and a few comments afterwards, a good show, a good time, and one that said they saw a friend there they hadn't seen in a while.

Joe and Glenn's POT show is tonight, we'll see what we get from it.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AEW21 View Post
    He would have worn either the black suit or the grey one.

Glenn posing with 2 models who have no clue who he is....
    This was on Instagram
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well beauty doesn't always come with brains!

Do you know where it was taken?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten