Page 98 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Saw a tweet that Glenn went through the drive-thru at Double D Daiquiries in Denham Springs, LA yesterday. So hard to know if it's true.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Glenn gets a small mention in this article about Australia's all-time best bands. His reference is for Little River Band (#11).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227297215276
    VK

Stuck on the Border

The comment about the 'best vocal band in the world' was indeed made in 1988. Back then LRB was LRB. None of the original members are in it any more. I always found their vocals too strident. When I saw Glenn with them he gave them an edge which they normally didn't have.

I have always been dubious about the claims of being Australian which are made for AC/DC whose main songwriters & current singer are British, and the Bee Gees who were born on the Isle of Man. Their career started in Brisbane but they had to go back to the UK for it to really take off. As for Crowded House they are from New Zealand. Americans wouldn't claim Rush, would they? Australians claim people from NZ like Russell Crowe all the time.

I would guess that most of you elsewhere have heard of INXS & perhaps Midnight Oil & that would be it. I digress.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Saw a tweet that Glenn went through the drive-thru at Double D Daiquiries in Denham Springs, LA yesterday. So hard to know if it's true.
    This sounds like a refined, high class establishment!! I hope he drove through and got a giant DD daiquiri for the road!

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    This sounds like a refined, high class establishment!! I hope he drove through and got a giant DD daiquiri for the road!
    I assumed it was completely false until I looked the place up and looked at Google street view from several sides. It really does have a drive-thru and it really does have highly rated daiquiries! I thought my area of KY was pushing the edges with a drive thru liquor store. I've seen plenty of drive-thru beer distributors, but a hard liquor drive-thru was new for me. I have to wonder if this place really sells daiquiries through their drive thru? I know what I'd be doing fairly often if I lived there if so!
    VK

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

If true, I wonder what the heck he was doing in Louisiana? And OBTW, a drive-thru daiquiri store in Louisiana doesn't surprise me in the least. They also have vendors on the streets and in shopping malls that sell liquor and mixed drinks.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So you can drive through and get an open alcoholic drink? No laws about open alcohol in a car? You can't do that here in Missouri or Illinois. At least the driver can't be drinking liquor/beer.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I've never heard of a drive thru where you can purchase alcohol, but I guess they DO exist. Here once the driver is not drinking its ok to store alcohol in the main part of the car and for passengers to drink it once they don't intend driving.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

In Texas, there are drive-thru hard liquor stores, but even so you can't have an open container of any kind of alcohol in the passenger area of the car. I looked it up, and the same is true in Louisiana despite their more liberal liquor laws: http://la-legal.com/louisiana-dwi/

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

One persons blog about discovering Strange Weather. http://aboutthegroove.com/tag/glenn-fry/