Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    I just ordered this double cd deluxe set from the Eagles store Did a bit of chasing around by phone and it's been discontinued in Australia; JB HiFi only had the single cd and I wanted the double. And also, with shipping costs it's worked out slightly cheaper than the single copy!!

So I should have it in about three weeks!! Yay!!!

I just can't get enough of the title track. I think this is probably Don's greatest masterpiece. That and Waiting In The Weeds. I love both because of the quality of his voice. Absolutely incredible!!

There are two vids each of those songs on YT, LROOE in November last year and WITW Milan 2009.

I can't wait to have it in my hot little hands and pump up the volume on my stereo!!

I don't know what you mean by 'single CD'. It's a double album with 20 tracks. Every edition of it has 2 CDs. The only difference is that some editions have a bonus track of Hole In The World and/or Please Come Home For Christmas.

Beg to differ FP, I spoke to a guy in JB HiFi at Westfield,Tuggerah this morning; who said that they only had the SINGLE cd, the double cd was a limited edition and has been discontinued. The single cd starts with No More Walks In The Woods. In other words, HALF the album.

What's more, they were charging around $25 per.

I even phoned Sanity and it was confirmed that the double cd is no longer being pressed in Australia because it was a Limited Edition.

..which is why I had to go out on a very big limb and order it from the States.
    I See what You see...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Only 1 cd? Bummer for you Bram.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I don't recall anyone ever talking about a single cd of LROOE before. It's been a double disc and a double disc only, rather it's a cd or the album. I wonder if the guy you spoke with didn't know what he was talking about. I have to think that's the case because surely someone would of seen or heard of a single cd before now. I mean, FP is in Australia also and heaven knows she was right "on it" from the get go like the rest of us here. That was a HUGE deal when we were all waiting for it. Most of us here had a preordered as soon as preorders were being taken. No waiting around for us to get it.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

This is the link to the Eagles' Official store.
    http://eagles.shop.musictoday.com/De...x?cp=458_12497#

As you can see the Deluxe Edition is a download (including a 40 pg booklet) with 20 songs plus the 2 extra songs that FP mentioned. The regular digital download, the CDs & the vinyl each contain the 20 songs & the track listings of each of the formats list both a Disc 1 &a Disc 2. I've never seen a single disc in any of the stores here. If the person you spoke with was not mistaken, then it must have been only in Australia that a single CD was released.

Stuck on the Border

I'm afraid that I don't believe that was the case. It is a double CD, all over the world, and I have never heard anything to the contrary, or any mention of the double CD being a 'limited edition'. Why would such a thing happen? Any 'limited edition' was the one that contained the bonus tracks I referred to previously, not one which happened to include an entire disc of ten songs. Apart from anything else the title track is the first track on Disc 2. Bramwen, I'm afraid that you have been given incorrect information, but at least you ordered it from the States, I guess. I think they were just trying to disguise that they no longer had it in stock.

Furthermore for it to have been re-released as a single album the Eagles would have had to agree to it; the cover details would have needed to be changed to list only the first ten tracks; the more you write about it the more unlikely it is.

It should be remembered that when I saw them in 2010 I was given a copy of the CD at each show because I bought the most expensive tickets, and each copy was the double CD. I know that was two years ago, but still.
    Last edited by Freypower; 07-04-2012 at 08:38 PM.

FP, whether you believe that was the case or not, that is what I was told by JB HiFi and Sanity. I also thought how it could be released as a single cd, that the Eagles would have to approve of it. Very strange.

Sanity told me that Australia wide it was a Limited Edition as a double album, that is, the Deluxe with the bonus tracks..and that it had been discontinued. As I said before, Disc One was the single cd he was referring to..I know that the title track is on the second cd.

The guy at JB told me that they only had the single cd. I can only go by what I was told. Bottom line is, it was not available in either of these two stores and I got the same information from both of them that it had been discontinued after the Limited Edition copies ran out.

Perhaps as a moderator you might like to follow that up; I'm sure the Eagles would like some clarification as well. I don't know who the distributors were in Australia or I would ring them myself.
    I See what You see...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Here's a link for JBHifi, both are 2 CD's but one is a lot more expensive than the other (bonus tracks aren't really 'bonus').

Could we get Hole In The World and Please Come Home for Christmas on LROOE here in the states? I never saw that option...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, I am also only aware of the 2-CD release of LROOE. I'm afraid that the person at JBHiFi may be misinformed. If there is/was any single CD, it is not an official release by the band - it is an unauthorized bootleg.

As others have said, the original version was a tan cover with two-CDs containing 20 songs. Then a deluxe version was released with a red cloth cover which contained Hole In the World and Please Come Home for Christmas. It also included a very nice booklet with additional photos.

So Bramwen, you are free to believe this guy if you want, but we hardcore fans are pretty well-informed about these kinds of things. If the band released a single CD version, it was the world's best kept secret, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Why don't you try Amazon or EBay Bramwen? It's a lot cheaper that way.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP