Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Default Re: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    First of all, I am also only aware of the 2-CD release of LROOE. I'm afraid that the person at JBHiFi may be misinformed. If there is/was any single CD, it is not an official release by the band - it is an unauthorized bootleg.

As others have said, the original version was a tan cover with two-CDs containing 20 songs. Then a deluxe version was released with a red cloth cover which contained Hole In the World and Please Come Home for Christmas. It also included a very nice booklet with additional photos.

So Bramwen, you are free to believe this guy if you want, but we hardcore fans are pretty well-informed about these kinds of things. If the band released a single CD version, it was the world's best kept secret, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?
    I spoke to someone at Sanity as well who told me the same thing. Don't shoot the messenger.

I asked him SPECIFICALLY what the cd started out with and SPECIFICALLY asked him was there one cd or two..I won't be shot down in flames over it, okay.

After some extensive web searching last night I found on JB HIFI's online store, this is what I found:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music...of-eden/284654

Obviously there is some misinformation somewhere. So I will be contacting the store today about the validity of this as it appears to be an old link.

You will also note that the bonus tracks are not listed on this one.

I also found this:

http://www.fishpond.com.au/Music/Lon.../0698268450028

I have bought music from eBay before, I thought it more prudent to buy direct from the Eagles store.
    I See what You see...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    I spoke to someone at Sanity as well who told me the same thing. Don't shoot the messenger.

I asked him SPECIFICALLY what the cd started out with and SPECIFICALLY asked him was there one cd or two..I won't be shot down in flames over it, okay.
    I think the folks here were just trying to be helpful and correct any misinformation that you may have been given, Bramwen. No need for anyone to be so sensitive over this. I don't thing anyone is trying to shoot anyone down in flames - we're just fans trying to help other fans. Sorry if you thought otherwise.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I think the folks here were just trying to be helpful and correct any misinformation that you may have been given, Bramwen. No need for anyone to be so sensitive over this. I don't thing anyone is trying to shoot anyone down in flames - we're just fans trying to help other fans. Sorry if you thought otherwise.
    Well, the thing is..you don't know for sure it was misinformation so how can anybody correct it. In the States I have no doubt there is no issue with the availability but it is not the case in this instance with these two outlets.

The staff officer at Sanity checked on her computer database and the double Limited Edition was not available Australia wide because it was discontinued. Apparently just the double cd was unavailable also.

There were some ready answers here to the contrary, all I did was relay what I was told and there were a few defensive answers.

So I am going to contact JB today and find out why it is listed on their online store and half the album at the retail store.

I was just super excited to know that I would be getting the album..that was actually the whole point of mentioning it and it's got blown out of all proportion.

I See what You see...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Look there’s really no need to belabor this - as I said, folks here are only trying to be helpful. The fact is we do know for sure that it is misinformation that the band released a single LROOE CD. All anyone is trying to say is that if a single CD exists for commercial sale, then it is an unofficial copy – that’s all. No big deal – and certainly no reason to for anyone to get so defensive. I expect most people here, including myself, will be very happy for you when you receive your copy of LROOE. Now, how about we heed the advice of a very awesome band – let’s “lighten up while we still can”!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Look there’s really no need to belabor this - as I said, folks here are only trying to be helpful. The fact is we do know for sure that it is misinformation that the band released a single LROOE CD. All anyone is trying to say is that if a single CD exists for commercial sale, then it is an unofficial copy – that’s all. No big deal – and certainly no reason to for anyone to get so defensive. I expect most people here, including myself, will be very happy for you when you receive your copy of LROOE. Now, how about we heed the advice of a very awesome band – let’s “lighten up while we still can”!
    Keeping it light Dreamer was only my original intention
    I See what You see...

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I'm glad you're such a good fan that when told of a single CD you opted to send for the double one and wait. While like any CD of original music there's some tracks that are stronger or weaker, the entire thing deserves to be heard and enjoyed. I'm positive you'll love it! Make sure to let us know!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I'm glad you're such a good fan that when told of a single CD you opted to send for the double one and wait. While like any CD of original music there's some tracks that are stronger or weaker, the entire thing deserves to be heard and enjoyed. I'm positive you'll love it! Make sure to let us know!
    You will love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Thank you Verna. I wouldn't want to hear only half the album when I know one of the songs I really love is on the missing cd. I listened to the Podcast of the album last week, ever since then I've watched LROOE about five times, WITW about the same, No More Walks In The Woods about three times, even watched a few covers of it. But I kept coming back to our boys. I also love Glenn's instrumental piece, I think that's a really nice touch.

Tell you a little story...back in 1991 Linda Ronstadt's Canciones Di Mi Padre was on tv..there was this one song I absolutely fell in love with, El Crucifico Di Piedra. When I went looking for the album I found the cassette but this song and another one I liked weren't on it.

So I asked the store owner was there any way I could get it with those two songs on it. He answered he could order it in as a video but it would be on Beta...It needed to come from the States.Then I needed to have it converted to VHS because that's the format we use in Australia. A month later I went to pick it up, $75 poorer but over the moon!!

So if there's a way to get something, I will find it!! If I'm going to buy this album I felt it a lot safer to go to the source And tghen the boys deserve the kudos for doing so, since it's their hard work.

Have to be honest..there are a few on this album I'm not fussed on on first listen..so I've been looking some of them up on YT..but in fairness to the guys I need to listen to it a couple of times to get the feel for it. I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts when it arrives!!

You too, Brenda!!
    I See what You see...

I just got an email a short time ago telling me the package is on its way

This is good news, yes?!
    I See what You see...

Quote Originally Posted by BramwenR View Post
    I just got an email a short time ago telling me the package is on its way

This is good news, yes?!
    Very good news!

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne