Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Default Happy Anniversary Long Road Out of Eden!

Can you believe it's been two years since LROOE came out? Wow! This is its anniversary week, and as usual, I've changed the default board style. Feel free to post your ruminations on the album here when you get a chance.Two years... dang, time flies.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Happy Anniversary Long Road Out of Eden!

Time really does fly. The fact that they chose to release it on my (and Timothy's) birthday has always made it one of my favorite presents.

I remember going to Wally-World in the middle of the night to purchase my copy and listening spellbound to all the terrific songs. My immediate favorite was Waiting in the Weeds and I still adore it.

I have to agree with DF, Waiting in the Weeds has always been a personal favorite of mine...terrific lyrics and great harmonies. But the entire collection is fantastic. TWO YEARS ALREADY? Where has the time gone! Happy Anniversary, LROOE!!
    I just need a little downtime.........

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, time does fly! 2 years already!

I especially remember WITW, it took my breath away I thought it was so beautiful! And Somebody! I couldn't believe it was Glenn and I loved it, too!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

WOW two yeaes ago, unbeliveble!
    I can still remember exactly to the day before two years.
    I had pre-ordered the Album and it should come also on this day!
    But I was not at home all day and when I arrived in the evening there was no package for me! I was totally disappointed!
    However, my neighbor came a little later with a package for me, the postman had delivered it at her! Then I heard immediately the Album and I was immediately thrilled!
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Can't believe it's 2 years ago already...

I really liked the album instantly (in general), but it's funny, from only listening to the CD I had a few favourites, but after the live concert in Zurich my favourites changed because I "discovered" songs I didn't pay that much attention before.

One fav never changed: Waiting in the weeds, it's just brilliant.

My current favs are Waiting in the weeds, Long road out of Eden, Somebody, Last good time in town and What do I do with my heart (a.k.a What does he do with my heart ).

Well done guys
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)

It doesn't seem like it's been that long, I love the Long Road too. I like Somebody, that's my fave. I like What Do I Do With My Heart Too, Guilty Of The Crime, Frail Grasp, and You Are Not Alone.
    Oh they tell me there is a place over younder cool water running through the burning sand until we learn to love one another we will never reach the promised land. Hole In The World 2001

No, it really doesn't seem like two years have passed. My favourite keeps alternating. WITW, How Long, WDIDWMH, Somebody are all at the top of my list however, I know that I am in the minority here, but I love I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. The reason for this is mainly Glenn's beautiful voice & his interpretation of the song!

Perfect continuation of Eagles history.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    No, it really doesn't seem like two years have passed. My favourite keeps alternating. WITW, How Long, WDIDWMH, Somebody are all at the top of my list however, I know that I am in the minority here, but I love I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. The reason for this is mainly Glenn's beautiful voice & his interpretation of the song!
    You are not alone () with that one, love his voice in that song - and love the following lyrics part:

'Cause to dream, sometimes, is the only way
    To go places you can't get to any other way

how true...
    "Music is medicine for the soul. It's entertainment, but there are times when entertainment can inspire and inform. It can't hurt. It can only help. It's just how it makes you feel personally." (Glenn Frey 1992)