Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebration of "Long Road Out of Eden"!

Default Re: Happy Anniversary Long Road Out of Eden!

I don't like doing lists. They're so exclusive.

Anyway, here's mine.

How Long
    What Do I Do With My Heart
    Busy Being Fabulous
    Long Road Out Of Eden
    No More Cloudy Days
    Do Something
    Waiting In The Weeds
    Somebody
    Last Good Time In Town
    You Are Not Alone
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I've enjoyed reading about everyone's favorites, seeing their lists and all. I'm not very good at breaking down each song but if I get the chance this week i'll try to it at least make a list. I have my favorites from LROOE too but I tend to get stuck on one particular song that I listen to over and over for a few days. The last few days I was stuck on Somebody and since this morning i've been stuck on LROOE. It's such a great song that I don't even realize that it's 10 minutes long. There's so much going on it...the lyrics, Don's great vocals, the kick ass guitar solo, the intro is great too. I have a tendency to rewind back to about 5:19 when Don sings "I'd give anything to be there in your arms tonight" **SIGH** and I absolutely LOVE Joe's guitar work that follows that line. I always drift back to when I first saw this song live with my very eyes and Joe was right there in front of me just tearing it up on that solo.

I don't remember if I ordered my copy through amazon or through the Eagles website but I do remember that I didn't get my copy in the mail till a week after it came out. I got so impatient that I went to WalMart after 3 days and bought a copy. I also remember that before the release date there was a website that had previews of every song. I refused to listen to the previews because I wanted to wait for my copy to hear the entire songs from start to finish. I may have gotten a bit impatient but it was all well worth the wait.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Same thing happened to me Peek, although my Hubby was the one who took pity on me & went to Walmart to buy it for me as a surprise. When he gave it to me he said "I hope I'm not going to regret this...". LOL

I had ordered it from the Eagles website but it took an extra 2 weeks to get to me in Canada. I never would have been able to last that long!

I tried not to listen to the clips on that website but I'm afraid that my anticipation got the better of me & I caved.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - it is interesting to read everyone's list and see how different songs appeal to each of us. I guess that's reason enough that we should all be grateful that the guys decided to go with 2 discs after all.

I also remember the excitement of getting the CD in my hand. Even though I had listened to all of the songs on the internet, it's not the same as getting the CD. Like many of you, I pre-ordered off of both the Walmart site and the band's official site, and didn't receive either on the release date. After the mail delivery came that day and they weren't there, I headed over to Walmart to get a copy because I didn't want to wait. I was glad I did because it took several days before I received either pre-order. (BTW - that's the last time I ever pre-ordered anything). So after they arrived, I then had 3 copies - right. Well actually - no. See after the first week or so, they then released the deluxe version of he CD. Of course, some wonderful Borderers posted all the pictures here that were in the booklet, but that wasn't good enough. I, of course, wanted my own deluxe version, so off to Walmart I went again. So, I was now the proud owner of 4 LROOE CD's. But not to worry - I gave 2 of them away as gifts, leaving me with only my original copy and the deluxe copy. It actually works out beautifully because I keep my original copy with my Eagles box set.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I never saw the Deluxe Version at Walmart here. I don't think that it was made available in Canada.

Stuck on the Border

My original Top 12:

1. How Long
    2. What Do I Do With My Heart
    3. Waiting In The Weeds
    4. Do Something
    5. You Are Not Alone
    6. Long Road Out Of Eden
    7. Somebody
    8. Frail Grasp On The Big Picture
    9. Last Good Time In Town
    10. I Love To Watch A Woman Dance
    11. Centre Of The Universe
    12. It's Your World Now

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    How Long
    Waiting In The Weeds
    No More Walks In The Wood
    Do Something
    Fast Company
    Guilty Of The Crime
    I Don't Want To Hear Anymore
    Last Good Time In Town
    Frail Grasp Of The Big Picture

I will add to my list Somebody, that I didn't really appreciate till I saw it live and then I couldn't believe I hadn't caught onto that one earlier. I also have a whole new appreciatation for Long Road Out Of Eden after seeing it live but I will admit, I still skip over it more than listen to it on the album.

Willie, I am glad you like Somebody, because other than that the only one of your favourite songs where Glenn sings lead is How Long. Just an observation.

Here are my 12 songs for one disc:

Waiting In The Weeds
    Somebody
    Last Good Time In Town
    Long Road Out of Eden
    How Long
    Do Something
    What Do I Do With My Heart
    No More Walks In The Woods
    Frail Grasp On The Big Picture
    No More Cloudy Days
    Guilty of the Crime
    Busy Being Fabulous
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

GL - I thought the deluxe edition of LROOE was made available in Canada, but I could be misremembering. In any event, if you are interested in it, you can probably still get it on Amazon. It is a good thing to have if you are a collector of such stuff. The accompanying booklet is very nice, and I don't think it cost more than a couple dollars more than the 'undeluxe' version.

Another thought I had about the band releasing LROOE as one disc - just looking at how much disagreement there is among us fans with our lists, can you imagine how the band would have been able to agree on which songs made the cut??? It might have gotten ugly!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Another thought I had about the band releasing LROOE as one disc - just looking at how much disagreement there is among us fans with our lists, can you imagine how the band would have been able to agree on which songs made the cut??? It might have gotten ugly!!!
    When I remember Don's comments from some of the interviews at the time, it sounds like it almost did, LOL!

Thanks for the info, Dreamer! I checked their website store & it's only available for download. I may try to get it on Amazon. If there is even one more picture in it that wasn't on the regular version it's worth it ! Do you think I may be a bit of an Eagles fan ?