Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Default Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Time for the Long Road Out of Eden Anniversary Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs of Long Road Out of Eden here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

For this Survivor, we also have immunity questions. We won't have immunity questions on the first or second-to-last-rounds, and of course we won't have them for the last round, lol. However, for the other rounds, we will.

Here's how immunity questions work. After the beginning of the round, I ask a Long Road Out of Eden-related question. The first person who answers the question correctly gets to pick a remaining song to be immune - no one can vote for it on the next round. I'll allow two hours for someone to answer. If no one gets it right by then, then we continue the round as normal without any song being immune. You only get one guess per round, so be careful!

Congratulations WAITING IN THE WEEDS!

Songs eliminated:
    Fast Company 11/01
    Frail Grasp on the Big Picture 11/03
    No More Walks in the Wood 11/05
    I Love to Watch a Woman Dance 11/07
    I Don't Want to Hear Any More 11/09
    I Dreamed There Was No War 11/11
    Center of the Universe 11/13
    It's Your World Now 11/15
    Business As Usual 11/17
    Guilty of the Crime 11/19
    Last Good Time in Town 11/21
    Do Something 11/23
    Busy Being Fabulous 11/25
    You Are Not Alone 11/30
    No More Cloudy Days 12/02
    Somebody 12/04
    What Do I Do With My Heart 12/06
    Long Road Out of Eden 12/08
    How Long 12/10

The game is over. Thanks for playing!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

OK, my first vote goes to the one song I skip every time.

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

It just comes off as mean-spirited to me. JMHO.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

My least favourite track hasn't changed in a year.

I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Ok, I cast my vote for fast company, N'sync at 60... that's all I gotta say...

LOL ticky. I'll never have the same experience listening to that song again!

I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. It just strikes me as rather bland and quite old-fashioned. It's the only one I'm likely to skip.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

This is going to be so hard since I enjoy this album so much. But my vote this round goes to Center of the Universe which I have never been able to really warm up to...

I have to go with ticky. Although the song has grown on me since I first heard it & as much as I don't want to vote for any song, I cast my vote for Fast Company.

I'm not quite ready to vote, but I would like to say something in defense of Fast Company.

I agree with you Ticky. I did not like this song at all at first. But there's a very redeeming value in Don's vocal during the "talk to me and help me try to remember" part. When we first heard it hubby and I thought somebody else had taken over the vocal!
    Because I simply love those few lines of the song, I'm not ready to send it away just yet.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Although i love all the songs my least fav is Fast Company. Therefore I cast my vote for Fast Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I'm not quite ready to vote, but I would like to say something in defense of Fast Company.

I agree with you Ticky. I did not like this song at all at first. But there's a very redeeming value in Don's vocal during the "talk to me and help me try to remember" part. When we first heard it hubby and I thought somebody else had taken over the vocal!
    Because I simply love those few lines of the song, I'm not ready to send it away just yet.
    I agree PM, especially with the bolded part. You summed it up perfectly!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--