Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

After listening to NMWITW live......I could never vote for it this early! It was FLAWLESS and beautiful!

Unfortunately, the the song that I skip second most on the album (after Frail Grasp ) is ILTWAWD sooooo..........

I cast my vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance

I've already said how much I love ILTWAWD so I can't vote for that. I loved NMWITW from the 1st time I heard it. True, the melody may not be that complex, but as a showcase for those beautiful harmonies it is perfect. So I can't vote for that. Centre of the Universe is also one I particularly enjoy. Can't vote for that yet. And Somebody, I love Glenn's treatment of it. Can't vote it off. So, even though I do like it

I cast my vote for Business As Usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Ow, Mrs F! I dodge a bullet only to get knifed in the back lol!
    Awww, I'm sorry, Prettymaid - I didn't mean it like that! I love Joe too - I'm just not a big fan of that particular song.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Well, it seems as though the votes are going for the harmony-laden songs here, oddly enough, i.e. NMWITW and COTU. Since the Eagles are known for their harmonies, it's puzzling to say the least.

Anyway, as for ILTWAWD, I just about lost all reason when I first heard it (), and I still get lost listening to Glenn's soothing, beautiful voice. The lyrics are so romantic.

I can't believe there are votes for "Somebody"! It's easily one of the best tracks on the album! Glenn ROCKS!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

It's funny how we are so polarised over ILTW - I'm of the absolutely love it brigade, although I concede that it would have been more suited to a Glenn solo album. As for Somebody, it is one of my favourite tracks on the album - it rocks indeed.

This round I'm going to cast my vote for No More Walks In The Woods - stunning harmonies, but a bit too down beat for me.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I'm kinda surprised about the number of votes for NMWITW. The harmonies are amazing and to hear it live is simply stunning. I can't wait to get to hear it live again this coming Tuesday.

I thought about changing my vote for this round because of the popularity of this song from the majority of the members here but i'm going to go ahead and hold strong for my vote on ILTWAWD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey View Post
    Awww, I'm sorry, Prettymaid - I didn't mean it like that! I love Joe too - I'm just not a big fan of that particular song.
    It's okay Mrs F. I only say that because I made Guilty of the Crime immune because I thought it could be in danger, and then you surprised me by voting for LGTIT!
    I just love hearing the different opinions of these songs. I love that we can be so alike and yet so unique!

(I just noticed for the first time the shortening of Last Good Time in Town to LGTIT. Does anybody else see it? Do you think Joe did that subliminally?)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Thanks ev. But then this:

Preposterous!
    A simple "I disagree!" would've been fine...it is my opinion, after all! I knew I was making an unpopular vote from the results of round 1. I even went back and really tried to listen and enjoy the song, but as I said before, I really don't care for Glenn's vocals there. A few people suggested that they liked the song even more after they heard it live in concert--well, it didn't strike me any better after I heard it last May; plus we are evaluating the album, anyway...
    So, unless there's another song close to the bottom of my list that seems to need a coalition vote, I'll probably still be voting Somebody.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    A simple "I disagree!" would've been fine...it is my opinion, after all! I knew I was making an unpopular vote from the results of round 1. I even went back and really tried to listen and enjoy the song, but as I said before, I really don't care for Glenn's vocals there. A few people suggested that they liked the song even more after they heard it live in concert--well, it didn't strike me any better after I heard it last May; plus we are evaluating the album, anyway...
    So, unless there's another song close to the bottom of my list that seems to need a coalition vote, I'll probably still be voting Somebody.
    Oh, please don't take it personal ev. I realize everyone has their own opinions and ours all differ. I was just having a little fun with it. After all, it's just a game.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Unfortunately, we always run the risk of being misinterpreted here.The smileys help, but there are always going to be situations where you wish everyone could hear your voice and see your face.

At the risk of having to dodge more tomatoes, let me say that I would like NMWITW more if it wasn't done acappella.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.