Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

I actually like Fast Company---it's got a beat that's great for movin' and dancing to (even while driving); and the horn section really comes through in this song. It's a very different type of song for the Eagles, but it's a nice change for me, anyway. (I can't comment on the N'Sync comparison...I didn't really pay attention to them back in the day.)

I cast my vote for Somebody. There's something about Glenn's vocals that just doesn't cut it for me in that song.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    I actually like Fast Company---it's got a beat that's great for movin' and dancing to (even while driving); and the horn section really comes through in this song. It's a very different type of song for the Eagles, but it's a nice change for me, anyway. (I can't comment on the N'Sync comparison...I didn't really pay attention to them back in the day.)

I cast my vote for Somebody. There's something about Glenn's vocals that just doesn't cut it for me in that song.
    Oh EV, i think you would feel differently if you heard this one done live. It wasn't a favorite of mine till i heard it sung live in concert. It's so much better than the album version.

I've actually liked Fast Company since the beginning. I just love Don's vocals throughout the entire song and it's also got a nice rockin-out beat to it. I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I like the song but it just seems like it belongs on a Glenn solo album more.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I'll vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance this round

I cast my vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    Oh EV, i think you would feel differently if you heard this one done live. It wasn't a favorite of mine till i heard it sung live in concert. It's so much better than the album version.

I've actually liked Fast Company since the beginning. I just love Don's vocals throughout the entire song and it's also got a nice rockin-out beat to it. I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I like the song but it just seems like it belongs on a Glenn solo album more.
    I actually have heard it live, and it still doesn't do it for me; although I agree it was better in person than on the album. Although I like ILTWAWD quite a bit more, it never occurred to me that a Glenn solo album might have been a better place to showcase it...interesting observation. But I'm not ready to vote that one off for a while...(though from the looks of things, one of these 2 songs may be goin' down!)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Aah FP--A Timothy song right away--he doesn't get that many!

I'm in defense of Somebody---I never really cared for it either--till I heard it live! The way Glenn sings it live with the gruff voice and such passion-it changed my opinion real quick! It is now one of my favorites on the album.

The least favorite song for me-it just has never grown on me at all since the beginning.

I vote for Center Of The Universe.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

WT, you must really give Center of the Universe more listening time. It's one of my favorites. I just think it's beautiful.

And since someone has already broken the ice, I also cast my vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I know some of you just love it, but it's not for me.

Edited to add: I voted before I read all the posts!

I agree about ILTWAWD should be on a Glenn solo album. It would be more appreciated there.

And TBF, see my first paragraph.

And Somebody?!!!!! OMG! It was one of my big faves from the very first listen!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Now I also loved Somebody from the first time I heard it. However, I absolutely fell in love with the two songs that Glenn performed live in Niagara Falls for the first time - You Are Not Alone and I Dreamed There Was No War. He also performs I Love To Watch A Woman Dance and No More Cloudy Days in his solo shows which are gorgeous as well. Unfortunately, we will likely never see some of these songs performed in an Eagles show. I acknowledge I may be biased towards all of these songs, but it is such a treat to see Glenn perform them so beautifully and passionately in a live show.

So I am going to make a plea to save I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. While I agree it is a bit more of a solo song than Eagles, I think this is true of several of the songs on the album. The passionate vocal performance is incredible. Let's form a coalition and save this song for now. Although I love Fast Company too, it looks like it is the only chance to save ILTWAWD.

Vote for Fast Company!

BTW - I am withholding my vote for now to see if the coalition works.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well I totally agree with you Dreamer. While I have never (yet) had the priviledge of seeing Glenn do a live solo show, I have seen him do 'Somebody' in London and it was absolutely spine chilling as well as thrilling. While I know ILTWAWD maybe would be more fitting to a Glenn solo album, I'm not ready to see it go down yet. And I love Cenrtre of the Universe too. I had a tough choice to make but as Fast Company was one of the few on my initial list I cast my first round vote to eliminate 'Fast Company'

Soda, I edited this as a chunk of it had been left out in the original post and it didn't make sense, but I have NOT altered the vote.
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 10-31-2008 at 08:14 PM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I cast my vote for I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. I skip over that one every time.