Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Love love LOVE Fast Company! But my least favorite has definently not changed so I definently cast my vote for........

Frail Grasp On The Big Picture

Stuck on the Border

I wish I could defend I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. But I really don't know how. I suppose either you love it straight away, or you'll never love it. I had hoped that after a year of hearing it, it might have grown on people.

Saying it should have been on a solo album misses the point. It was such an achievement to get this many Frey vocals on an Eagles album after all these years. He deserved to have a 'showcase' like this. And he's never going to make another solo album.

There is no point in me trying to say what it is about the song I love, because it is obvious my opinion is only shared by a handful of people on this board.

But see, it's not a 'love it or hate it' thing with me, regarding I Love To Watch A Woman Dance. I like it well enough, but for me, it's the most forgettable of a great bunch. On paper, it should get me swooning, but in practice it just doesn't touch me as much as it should do. I appreciate Glenn's vocals and I like the sentiment, but it doesn't grab me for some reason.

I'm surprised so many have voted for Frail Grasp and Fast Company, but that's the nature of the game. It's fascinating to hear which songs are favourites and which aren't!

Oh, and Brooke - I completely agree about Center Of The Universe. I love that song.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

FP, I think you'll find more than a handful of people on this board like it!

And some of my female "casual fan" friends do too when I've played the album for them. But none of the guys like it. Go figure. lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

FP I love ILTWAWD too. I really do not want to see it voted off. I think its a beautiful song...

Stuck on the Border

Well, if it goes, it goes. I don't know why I feel so strongly about it. It isn't even as if I'm one of the people who was lucky enough to see it performed live.

I was pretty stupid to vote for Frail Grasp and not Fast Company. Shows a lack of strategic thinking. I won't make the same mistake again!

That said, if three more people vote for Fast Company (and no one else votes for ILTWAWD) it'll be saved.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I love ILTWAWD too. Sometimes late at night I'll just put that song on & listen to it before I go to bed. I can imagine that I'm dancing with Glenn .

I love ILTWAWD as well. Glenn sounds so tender and vulnerable. I would never let go of that hand if I had the chance. So, in a last ditch bid to save it, I cast my vote for Fast Company.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Well, I have to say I'm surprised at the two songs with the most votes. I've already 'voiced' my opinion of Fast Company. I don't like most of the song, but I love the bridge.

ILTWAWD is a sweet, beautiful song. Is that an accordian I hear in the background? I love it! I can see why some people think it sounds old fashioned. It does. But it's coming from a band that has been around for over thirty years, I don't think that's a bad thing.

My least favorite song is Center of the Universe, but a vote for that is a wasted vote.

So..... with heaviness of heart I cast my vote for Fast Company.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.