Page 6 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Long Road Out of Eden Song Survivor

Well, can I say I'm glad ILTWAWD survived one round!

Frail Grasp On The Big Picture is one of the cleverest and most acerbic songs the band has ever done, in my opinion. I love the lyrics (though I understand why some don't) and I think it is very well arranged. You never know what will happen with the backing vocals towards the end. It is quintessential 'Eagles as spokesmen for America'. Anyway that is my defence of it.

Now, can I vote for my least favourite track, which is I Don't Want To Hear Any More. This is no disrespect to Tim. It's too bland and slow for me although I like the way he sings it. It isn't 'Eagles' enough.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Well, it's not that I don't think Glenn does a wonderful job on ILTWAWD. He sings it beautifully. But I still usually skip it when it comes on.

Therefore, once again, I vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I was going to go with I Don't Want To Hear Anymore or Do Something this round. It's not Timothy, it's just that I think both of these songs are weaker than the others on the album. It pains me to vote any song off. I do like Frail Grasp, but there are others that I like as well or better. Therefore, as I love ILTWAWD, to protect it -

I vote for Frail Grasp On the Big Picture.

Smart girl!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I was going to go with I Don't Want To Hear Anymore or Do Something this round. It's not Timothy, it's just that I think both of these songs are weaker
    That hurts-
    He sings it high, he plays it low

This is the first chance I've had to post since early Halloween am, and the suspense was killing me! Too bad for us Fast Company fans, but now I see the strategy (having never watched Survivor before, believe it or not...) Therefore, even though it is not my least favorite song, it is in the bottom few---I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.
    Also, I thought in the initial game rules, there was to be no "immunity question" on the first round??

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    I thought in the initial game rules, there was to be no "immunity question" on the first round??
    The first round is the starting round - no song was immune then. Sorry for the confusion!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This album has never been out of my car since it came out, and I can safely say I don't think there is a bad track on it. Even Frail Grasp has grown on me. I suspect my favourites have remained unchanged - the ones I'll happily repeat just to hear some nuance that I may have missed while concentrating on some important aspect of driving. Fast Company is one I first heard on the three track sampler issued two years ago, and I don't rate it as badly as some of you others - maybe it's Don's falsetto that puts people off, but I enjoy the upbeat rhythm and the strong presence of Glenn in the refrain.

Difficult vote this, but I am going to duck the missiles and vote for Guilty Of The Crime - great song, but not the Eagles for me.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I vote for Fail Grasp

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan View Post
    Difficult vote this, but I am going to duck the missiles and vote for Guilty Of The Crime - great song, but not the Eagles for me.
    My Mum listened to this the other day and said it sounded like it could have been a pick for the Only Fools and Horses theme tune! I'd never thought of it that way, but I can kind of see what she means... Great song though.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--