Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Reading?

Default Re: What Are You Reading?

Dean Koontz - The Husband

And I'm reading this book in English, because a friend from Texas sent it for Christmas.

Just finish Philippa Gregory's The Virgin's Lover about Queen Elizabeth I and Robert Dudley. Great read!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I've never read Philippa Gregory. I go way back to Jean Plaidy. Her equivalent of the Elizabeth/Leicester story was called Gay Lord Robert. I still have all my Jean Plaidy books which were bought at W.H. Smith in Bromley, Kent (and some on Victoria Station). This is back in 1972-73.

I've recently read a ton of books. There were several by Danielle Steel I hadn't read yet so I checked them out from the library. I also checked out Felder's book and read it. Then I got Brian Wilson's autobiography and a biography about Brian and I've read them.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Border Desperado

I just finished "Wild Fire" by Nelson Demille. I was going to start his new book, "The Gate House" but I read a review that it is a sequel to the "Gold Coast". There is a trip to the Library in my near future.

..I just finished reading "Cathedral" by Nelson Demille and am now reading Anita Shreve's "Testimony"...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Hired Hand View Post
    I just finished "Wild Fire" by Nelson Demille. I was going to start his new book, "The Gate House" but I read a review that it is a sequel to the "Gold Coast". There is a trip to the Library in my near future.
    For the past two years I have put books on my Christmas list. I don't even give them titles - I just tell them to get fiction. That way I can read more authors. Anyway, this year I got both Gold Coast (which I've just started) and The Gate House from two different people! I've never read Nelson DeMille before, and only discovered in the intro to Gold Coast that The Gate House is a sequel. So I'm all set!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

..Nelson Demille is a very good author..I've read all his books..and they're all good...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Everyone I know knows how much I love music and books so it is inevitable every year that I get gift cards, this year ended up with a couple about $85.00 to Barnes & Noble. Spent about $60.00 last weekend on about 7 books (a few off the bargain shelf made the $$ go farther). Just got done reading The Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal. Pretty cool!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Have any of you read the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer? My daughter got Twilight for Christmas and it was sitting out after I had finished my last book so I decided to pick it up and see what all the hoopla is about. I must admit, I am completely hooked now and can't wait to get to the other 3 after this one. Have not seen the movie yet but will as soon as I finish this one. I know it is geared toward teens but hey, wasn't Harry Potter for preteens and they are some of my favorites!
    He sings it high, he plays it low