Thread: English magazine article

Out on the Border

Default English magazine article

As promised I am attaching pages from Zigzag magazine from 1975 re the Midsummer Madness concert featuring Joe. If you are unable to read the print, let me know and I can send direct to you a much larger file which is easier to read. However these I think are okay.
    First time I've post pics so hope they work!

regards

martin g
    Attached Images Attached Images

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: English magazine article

Wow! Martin! thank you for that! I wish I could read that lineage better *G* what a great article! Thanks again!

Out on the Border

Wow! Martin! thank you for that! I wish I could read that lineage better *G* what a great article! Thanks again!

Would it help if I broke the article down into smaller chunks and posted them?

Out on the Border

Reading the article again brings it all back. Me and two mates drove up to London from Southampton (south coast) for the gig and it was a scorching hot summer's day. We booked tickets for Elton John and the Eagles as it was advertised, and were stunned when a week or so later Joe was announced as we were huge fans.
    What pleased us was how responsive the UK fans were - Joe got a big cheer whenever his name was announced by the MC and he came on mid afternoon with the words "I ain't been up this early in years!"
    The set was fab as you can guess from the listing, and of course soon after he joined the Eagles. If the truth be told, for the English audience the Beach Boys just blew everybody away but I still fill up when I think of that day...what a line up!!

martin G

Stuck on the Border

So you were at that Wembley show in 1975 with Elton, the Beach Boys, the Eagles and Joe? I think you're the first person I've encountered who was actually at that show. How cool.

I've got pictures from that show and it looked INCREDIBLE. I'm so jealous, Martin. What an amazing experience!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

If you read Pete Frame's family tree, he gets a bit snarky about being "forced" to do it because he doesn't care about Joe Walsh or the James Gang! Hmmph!

Still fascinating reading.
    The man has no taste!!

John Tobler's article was almost like being there (33 years later). I found myself laughing at his comical dismay at the distance from the press box to the stage, and his reports on the use of the message board. Good read!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.