Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another "Aging" Eagles Fan

Default Another "Aging" Eagles Fan

Hey - just happened to find this message board while looking for concert reviews for the boys. I have tickets to see them in Cincinnati and was curious if anyone had knowlege of set lists. I was happy to see they play a 3 hour set. Sweet! My husband and I flew to L.A. to see them at the Nokia Theater in October of '07 and it was one of the best times I've had at a concert. From reading some of the reviews it looks like they've changed it up a little and added more songs from LROE. Yay! I'm looking forward to hearing "Weeds" live! I'm excited to see them again next week - but didn't get floor seats like I wanted. Oh well - I'm sure I won't be disappointed no matter where we're sitting.

That's it for me! 4 days to go!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Another "Aging" Eagles Fan

Welcome and Lucky YOU!! ChaleyMom! I havent been lucky enough to see our boys yet this tour but Im keeping my fingers crossed they'll make it west of the Rockies before this tour is over. There are, however, many who have seen them and LOTS of concert info to be had.
    This is the absolute best place for us Eagles fans (Im a Joe girl personally in case you hadnt guessed) You'll find a wide variety of Eagle-ites here and a lot of fun stuff.
    Glad to have you aboard!

Wink Re: Another "Aging" Eagles Fan

well thanks for the welcome! I was bored at work today and started 'surfing' to see if I could find concert reviews and found this site. I live in Dayton, Ohio so Cincinnati is really close for me. I saw them a couple years ago when they played two cities the same year (Columbus and Cincinnati), then we went to L.A. last year. I'm sort of hopeful (wishful thinking) that they'll add Columbus again this tour. Looks like they keep you 'waiting in the weeds' (haha) and just add a few tour dates at a time.

I've been a fan for more years than I can remember.... my husband and I danced to Don Henley's "Taking You Home" for our wedding dance 7 years ago. Hopefully you'll still get to see them soon! I'm debating flying to Tampa to see them in January (?) since I have a brother there I can stay with.

Happy to have found this site... looks like I have lots of company!

Hi ChaleyMom, Welcome aboard the Border! I'm also a long-time Eagles fan...33 years and counting! I saw them once during Hell Freezes Over; once this past May; and will see them in less than 2 weeks. I saw that you were interested in the set list. If you look in the Concerts thread, under Tulsa 11-11-08, Peekaboo gives the set list and a review of her experience there. BTW, I spent 4 grueling years in Columbus, OH (a great city), at OSU's Veterinary College---GO BUCKS!!!

Welcome from me, too! I'm live in Indiana and I'm making the three-hour drive over to Cincy as well. I can't wait! It's gonna be a blast! So glad you found us.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Welcome to the board! This is an awesome place for any Eagles fan to hang out. I am just a little envious of all the lucky mid-westerners and southerners who are getting to see so much of the boys this year. And like ticky, I am crossing my fingers and hoping they will swing west sometime next year. She and I saw them several years ago and we are both waiting anxiously to see them again.

Have a fabulous time at the concert in Cincinnati and please come back and tell us your thoughts about it!

Welcome Chaleymom! If you've had some time to look at the concert review thread, I'm sure you'll agree that it's much more fun to read a review from a fan that's been to the show rather than a reporter. Please come back and give us your review of Cinncinati.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Hello Welcome to the bourder!

auntmeda:}

Welcome, CM! Glad you found us! This is a great place for Eagles fans to hang out.

Have a great time at your concert and please come back here and tell us all about it. I have tickets for the Memphis show tomorrow night, and I just found out this week they are actually coming to my hometown of Birmingham so I get to see them again in January. Yay!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from another "aging Eagles fan" as well, chaleymom. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. It's a great place to come if you want to talk about the greatest American band ever!

Have a blast in Cincinnati and can't wait to hear all about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016