Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Another "Aging" Eagles Fan

Default Re: Another "Aging" Eagles Fan

BTW - It's snowing in Dayton!

Heh, I feel the same way about the US! And don't worry, you'll get the hang of the chat thing soon enough - you seemed to be getting along pretty well last night though. It's often quieter, so it's not quite always that relentless!

As for the designations... They're just different statuses to reflect post counts. Out On The Border is the first one, but when you reach a certain number of posts (I think it's 100) you become a Border Desperado. The little coloured guitars show you how far along the "ranks" you are too.

Unfortunately I made an error when I chose my username and I didn't realise that when you reach 1000 posts you become a Border Troubadour. So I'll be "Troubadour... Border Troubadour." What a muppet!

By the way, if you'd like any help sorting out an avatar or a sig, I'd be pleased to help, as would anyone else on here I'm sure

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by chaleymom View Post
    awwww... thank you! It's so cool to be talking to someone in England! Someplace I've always wanted to go and hope to get there someday!
    I have to say I'm a "chat room virgin" (can I say that??? ) but it was great fun last night chatting with you all! I have to say I'm not quite as quick with the responses as most of you!

So - since I'm BRAND NEW at this... can someone tell me what the designations of : Out on the Border, Border Troubadour, Border Desperado, etc. means? Sorry - I'm clueless!!!
    CM - These names are assigned to members according to the number of posts you have (also designated by the number of colored guitars under the name). The levels are as follows:

Out on the Border - under 100 posts
    Border Desperado - 100+ posts
    Border Rebel - 500+ posts
    Border Troubadour - 1000+ posts
    Stuck on the Border - 1500+ posts

This is a fun little feature that automatically happens each time a member reaches one of these milestones.

ETA: Oh well - I guess Troubadour and I were typing our response at the same time.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

well you are most helpful! However, (ahem..) what is an avatar??? And I imagine a 'sig' is your signature - however, there again.... I have no idea how to do that!

Ok - I know the rest of you are scratching your heads saying.... what is SHE doing here!!! LOL

You have a private message, CM

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

thanks Dreamer..... I doubt if I'll ever be "stuck on the border" - but of course, I've never really considered myself a rebel either....

Guess an old dog can learn new tricks....??

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

You're welcome, CM. And never say never! Your posts can add up rather quickly when you are absorbed in the fun of talking about the Eagles.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Too funny! I've been a member since early Oct., and wondered the same thing, but never made it a point to ask...and actually, I didn't even notice when I changed designation after 100 posts! I did, however, notice when my 2nd guitar got colored in, so I managed to figure out the significance of that one, at least! And you can see, I haven't yet bothered to get an avatar, but I remember I had a couple of offers of assistance once I have time to try to do it. It's just that I start reading some of these posts, and then I go on and read some others, and before I know it, a WHOLE lot of time has passed, and I have to get back to real life...I guess I mean everyday life...or whatever...

That is your "rank" which tells everyone how often you have posted. When you post more, you get more guitars and different words until your name (as you see, two guitars are filled in at this point).

Ranks change after 100 posts, 500 posts, 1000 posts, and 1500 posts. You cannot change them otherwise. Here are the ranks:

0-99 Out on the Border (one guitar)
    100-499 Border Desperado (two guitars)
    500-999 Border Rebel (three guitars)
    1000-1499 Border Troubadour (four guitars)
    1500+ Stuck on the Border (five guitars)

I think I'll post this in the Border News forum for newbies.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

OK Eagelsvet - let me ask another question for "us" - haha.....

Now that I know what an avatar is.... why do they only show up sometimes?

And BTW Troubadour - I'm still debating on mine.... I think I may have to think about this for a bit longer.... I appreciate your help!