Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #1 Song in History

Default #1 Song in History

http://www.joshhosler.biz/

Check it out. I did. I looked up the most popular song on the day my wife and I were married (May 7, 1977).

It came as no surprise to me that it was "Hotel California"!

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: #1 Song in History

Really cool website. On the day Larry and I got married it was Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins, but for the life of me, I don't remember that song. Will have to investigate.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Well I'm not married so I can't tell you what the #1 song was for that. lol BUT.....the #1 song the day I was born was Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) by the Eurythmics

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Really cool website. On the day Larry and I got married it was Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins, but for the life of me, I don't remember that song. Will have to investigate.
    I'm sure you'll remember it once you conduct your investigation...there was a time when Phil Collins and Genesis were everywhere! I really liked him, and did see him in concert somewhere after the Sussudio (sp?) album.
    The #1 song when I got married in '92 was Jump by Kris Kross, which I absolutely don't remember, and I'm not sure I will investigate. On the day of my birth in *mumble.mumble* it was Quarter to Three by Gary US Bonds, which I actually know more from Bruce Springsteen concerts (of which I have been to more than I can count...given the state of my heritage!)

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    That's a remake, TBF. The one I remember was done by Gerry and the Pacemakers I think. Phil Collins slowed the song way down and I never really cared for his version.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

The No 1 song on the day we were married in 1987 was With or Without You by U2.
    The No 1 song on the day I was born in 1956 was Love Me Tender by Elvis.

Cool!

The day I was married in 1990 the 1# song was "Nothing Compares 2U" by Sinead O'Connor. Not a song that I care for.

On my birthday in 1957 (I'm younger than you DF ), the song was "All Shook Up" by Elvis. I'm not an Elvis fan. Very interesting though. Thanks Mike.

Stuck on the Border

On November 15 1960 when I was born the song was Stay by Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs. People will know Jackson Browne's version. I was happy to know that when I was 8 in 1968 the song was Hey Jude.

On October 9 1993 when I was married it was Dreamlover by Mariah Carey. No comment.

Ah yes... my husband was born on October 25 1959. He had Mack The Knife by Bobby Darin, one of my absolute favourite songs.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

On the day I was born - 28 February 1968, the number 1 song was 'Love is Blue' by Paul Marriat

On the day Hubby was born 4 weeks later - 29 March 1968 it was 'Sittin on the Dock of the Bay' by Otis Redding

The day we got married 13 August 1997 it was I'll be Missing You by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    On the day I was born - 28 February 1968, the number 1 song was 'Love is Blue' by Paul Marriat
    Oh I always liked that song GA! I was 10.

The number 1 song on the day I was born was Elvis of course - I Beg of You. (Never was a fan)

The number 1 song on the day we were married in 2000 was Independent Women Part 1 by Destiny's Child. (That's what I get for marrying within the past 10 years!) Yech!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.