Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati, OH 11-18-08

Default Re: Cincinnati 11-18-08

I don't remember the song, but all the boys were on stage - it was towards the beginning - when the girl and her friend were up dancing in the front row. He sort of gave her the 'sit down' gesture - like if he was trying to gently flatten something down.... Her friend sat down first, but she kept dancing, then he mouthed it to her 'sit down'! My husband noticed it too and thought it was funny. I don't think she was very happy about it but she did get up later on in the show and did it again with everybody else.

Great luck for you Nancy getting that ticket!!! We may have to try that ourselves next time!

I actually had my camera out the whole time (I'm such a rebel!!! lol) - but I did hear them say 'no cameras and no recording devices'. Wish I would have gotten better pics..... I'll try to post the one good one I got later.

so sad it's all over with... so now that I know I must have the dreaded PEW - .... what does that stand for?

Stuck on the Border

Holy crap, Nancy, that's wonderful. A personal greeting. What can I say.

Regarding him putting his jacket back on I'm glad that he started doing that again. He did it in London but then he was leaving it off. I think he looks better with it on for the last encore.

As for the broken string I had a moment like that during PEF at one of the Sydney shows. When it happened he didn't even react.

Thanks for your review too CM.

Thanks for coming everyone...." Then he turned a bit away from the mic, looked towards me amidst the screaming throng and chuckled, "...and Nancy."
    Oh Soda, I don't know how you can stand it! If Glenn did that to me I think I would die of ecstacy on the spot. You are one lucky lady to have met him & to have had the interactions with him that you have!

I'm so glad all you ladies had such a great time. Wish I had been there with you.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm back. Larry came home from work (I spoke to him on the phone this morning & filled him in a bit) and wanted to know why Glenn Frey is winking at me! Lets see, to continue. Did I mention that Timothy looked S, H & G?

Oh, for any of you baseball fans, Paul O'Neill was sitting across the isle from us. He was a Cincinnati Red for years and won several World Series with them. That was pretty cool. Saw him play in Wrigley Field against the Cubs before.

At the end when they all start walking around the stage saying their goodbyes, Katie went up front and Timothy was throwing out picks, he sent a couple flying towards her but the lady who had been sitting 2 rows ahead of us intercepted them! GRRR!!! The guy sitting next to me says we all heard Katie screaming all night to Timothy (sorry about that!!) and he obviously was throwing them towards her, why couldn't that woman give her one of the picks. Oh well, some people aren't like that.

On a final note, I'm going to get a little sentimental-so sorry in advance. I was telling Nancy, I can remember 30 years ago seeing the new bass player of my favorite band and thinking WOW, the Eagles just got even better than before if that is possible. Well last night when the lights came up and that bass player was standing within feet right in front of me, I feel in love all over again! He is just an amazing bass player and just such a beautiful man (IMHO anyways). I couldn't take my eyes off him most of the night and am beyond happy to have had that experience. If I never get the chance to ever see them in concert again, I will be forever grateful that I did get the opportunity to see them 2 times in 6 weeks after so many years of waiting. Oh, and Timothy, if you ever read this, I am extremely sorry if I creeped you out a bit!!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Great review chaleymom! Wish we could have hooked up somehow!

I had a little moment during "Take It to the Limit." It's my favorite song, and so I always go nuts to it. I was waving my first and motioning "one more time" during the chorus - and got folks around me doing it too! At the end, during that final pause before Glenn sings "one more time," he pointed at me and grinned. I was so delighted I blew him a kiss, then immediately felt like a goober for doing so. It seems it is absolutely impossible for me to be cool whenever Glenn is involved. I always manage to look foolish. Oh well, can't take it back!
    Well done Soda! I'm sure you didn't look foolish at all! I'd love to get a grin from him!

At the very end, I got another surprise. As they were saying goodbye, Glenn went to the mic and said, "Thanks for coming everyone...." Then he turned a bit away from the mic, looked towards me amidst the screaming throng and chuckled, "...and Nancy." I was pretty jazzed about that! I didn't expect him to pay any attention to me after that "Take It to the Limit" bit. I never expect anything he says or does... except for the Plaintiff joke.
    WOW!!!!!! How did you manage to stay sane Nancy? I'd have had to have been carried out after that!
    Congratulations!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Thank you so much CM and as for the drunk we HAVE all been there.. (what PM?? you mean you werent drunk?? OH heh well maybe not.. *G*)
    Pleadin' the 5th Ticky!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chaleymom View Post
    so sad it's all over with... so now that I know I must have the dreaded PEW - .... what does that stand for?
    Post Eagles Withdrawal!!!!!
    ~ Cathy ~

Soda, you are my hero as far as getting good seats at concerts!
    There simply is no one better!

Your stories were amazing! I knew if Glenn saw you he would acknowledge you in some way!

And Willie, I'm so glad your seats were so good and Katie had a great time too! Too bad Timothy wasn't puttin' out but you got a smile and wink from Glenn! That's hard to top (unless you're Nancy!)

Great reviews everybody!
    ~ Cathy ~

I couldn't take my eyes off him most of the night and am beyond happy to have had that experience
    I know what it's like TBF. I did the same thing when I saw them this summer, but of course it was Glenn that I couldn't take my eyes off of!

CM, I had serious PEW & PG(lenn)W this summer, but The Border members nursed me through it. All you can do is OD listening to their records & watching their videos & chat with us here On The Border. We understand what you are going through!

Hey guys! Thanks for the PEW education! I was pretty sure that's what it meant but I wasn't sure.

I hate it that it's over... ugh! I guess now it's back to the real world again.... After having maybe 3-4 hours of sleep last night I think I'm going to call it a night....

Soda and TBF - GREAT reviews today! How come I didn't get any "personal attention" like you all did? Next concert - I'm going with YOU! haha

gnite!