Thread: JW chords and lyrics

Out on the Border

Default JW chords and lyrics

As a keen guitarist I yearn to emulate the great man - does anyone know any good sites for chords/lyrics to Joe's songs?
    I already have Chordie.com - any others?

Take care all,

martin

Default Re: JW chords and lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by MartinG View Post
    As a keen guitarist I yearn to emulate the great man - does anyone know any good sites for chords/lyrics to Joe's songs?
    I already have Chordie.com - any others?

Take care all,

martin
    Good Idea Martin. I usually just do a Google for the song and specify TABS or Chords or Lyrics depending on what I'm looking for. But then I'm so slow that once I download one, it might be two or three years before I've gotten to the point that I think I'm ready to tackle another one!

But it is a good idea to make a list of good sites to access those Tabs. If I can dig anything up, I'll certainly post it.

MikeA

Hey Martin G and Mike A,

You can always try http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/joe_walsh_tabs.htm for some chords/tabs/lyrics. There is some sifting that needs to be done as far as choosing quality, but it's not a bad starting place. I did find that a fairly useful tool is the Tascam guitar trainer. It's kind of cool in that you can play cds at slower speeds without losing the pitch like you did when changing speeds on records. Just something to check out sometime possibly.
    "Burning the candle at both ends, twice the light in half the time..."

Out on the Border

Thanks guys - I've found a few now.
    The best thing is the opening tunings that Joe uses - you only have to set these up and your playing sounds like him already.
    (For those that play, try DADF#AD and DGDGBD - they both sound very Joe-like with just basic open A, E and barres.

Martin