Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Hershey, PA 11-23-08

Default Re: Hershey, PA

Dreamer--I know, that shot of the 3 of them would have been absolutely perfect if Glenn's face had been visible! I was so bummed, because otherwise, Joe and Timmy look so intense and the guitars look so cool the way they are lined up like that.

I had quite a few photos that just didn't come out remotely well at all--either too dark/light/blurry/whatever. Since my seat was in the left-hand section at both shows, I was very hopeful that the shots I took of Glenn at the keyboards directly in front of me ("I Can't Tell You Why") would be something to write home about. Unfortunately, no such luck. Guess I'll have to wait for a solo show and try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    EV, I LOVE the pictures!! They brought back such wonderful memories of that show. I'm so glad we got to meet each other there, and imagine, we were seated on the same row!
    Ticky, thanks so much for helping EV post them!
    Thanks & ditto!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Dreamer--I know, that shot of the 3 of them would have been absolutely perfect if Glenn's face had been visible! I was so bummed, because otherwise, Joe and Timmy look so intense and the guitars look so cool the way they are lined up like that.

I had quite a few photos that just didn't come out remotely well at all--either too dark/light/blurry/whatever. Since my seat was in the left-hand section at both shows, I was very hopeful that the shots I took of Glenn at the keyboards directly in front of me ("I Can't Tell You Why") would be something to write home about. Unfortunately, no such luck. Guess I'll have to wait for a solo show and try again!
    EV - The pictures that you took at both shows are wonderful, and as someone who is 'photographicaly challenged', I assure you that this fan is very appreciative of your efforts. I know it's disappointing when your pics don't turn out, which is why I don't even bother. I really enjoy all of the pics that everyone posts on the board, and, of course, I was just kidding about Tim's guitar neck.

BTW - just curious, but do you happen to remember which song they were playing when you snapped that picture?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Dreamer...I actually thought your 'MOOOVE' post was cute--no offense taken whatsoever! Normally when I take a photo, I would avoid anything like a tree growing out of a person's head or a guitar neck bisecting someone's handsome face...but a concert situation such as the Eagles does not lend itself to clear thinking and perfect picture composition!
    I actually was planning to go through both rolls of pix together with the set list and try to figure out which songs go with which pix later tonight, because I promised Stars I would send her the whole slew of photos to remember Hershey by. So, hopefully, by comparing the good, the bad, and the ugly, I'll be able to determine which song that pix is from and I'll let you know. All I know for sure right now is that the last 2 pix from Worcester is Don singing Desperado.

Default Re: Hershey, PA 11-23-08

I have an update to a question that was burning in my mind for over a year....

I sent a letter to Tim with the two photos that I've used as sigs from his Bitter End show in NYC in Oct. 2009, just to let him know how cool I thought his solo show was, and how long I've been a fan of the Eagles. In it, I related my story of the giant Hershey Kisses, and how difficult a time the arena staff was giving me in getting them to the Eagles. I asked Tim if he ever got his from the security personnel. Several weeks later (recently), I received a hand-written notation on a business card from his web site manager saying, "Tmothy thanks you for your kind words and photos. He doesn't know about the big Hershey kiss, sorry. Cheers, Julie."

Doesn't know? What does that mean? Didn't get it? Doesn't remember? Did she really ask him? I'm sorry, but how can you not remember getting an unexpected 1/2-lb 6" Hershey Kiss when you play a concert in Hershey for the first time in 30 years (or ever, probably.) Tim, ya let me down, here, buddy! At least Julie did send that smokin' hot autographed full-length shot of Tim from LROOE, to ease my pain!
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Tim, ya let me down, here, buddy!
    This saddens me Eva!

Seriously, sorry you still don't really have an answer. But doesn't that picture make it all the better tho-or at least lightens the pain of not knowing? It always does me wonders when I look at mine!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

The pain has been lessened, yes; although I must let the anxiety of not knowing linger with me to the end. Sigh...
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Aw - ev. That's too bad. Unfortunately, I take it to mean that he (or the other guys) never saw their Hershey kisses, and therefore, are totally unaware of them.As you may remember, I had a pretty similar experience with security at the Hampton show in Jan. '09 with the roses that my niece had bought and attached notes to. However, in my case, the security jerk wouldn't even accept them. He gave me the runaround, and sent me on some wild goose chase to give them to someone who was supposed to make sure the band got them. Yeah right - I suspect they ended up in trash can somewhere, which is really sad considering the effort my little niece made. But, don't get me started about some of those security jerks!!!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Maybe they thought your Hershey kisses were poisoned! Seriously, I imagine it might be a no-no to take food from fans and present it to the band. There are a lot of crazies out there.

As for the flowers.... SO LAME that they didn't let those up. The band obviously has no problem with that and seems to enjoy getting them.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

These guys play in so many different cities that I can actually imagine them asking right before they go onstage, "Now what city are we in?"
    It's no wonder that Timothy doesn't remember the giant hershey kisses (which they probably never got anyway). I'll bet he doesn'y even remember playing in Hershey, PA! I'm sure many hearts would be broken and fans disillusioned if we really knew what happened to all that stuff!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.