Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calendar Doc

Default Calendar Doc

Hmmm, the file is too large (3mb) to attach here. I'll upload it to my web space and provide a link to it. I will come back and edit this at some point to include the link when it's available.

However:

Let's try it like this and see if it works:

http://www.mvabercrombie.net/2009calendarsample.doc

Note that the above link will download the doc file to your computer into your default download folder and the file is some 3-megabytes in length. If you are dial-up it's gonna take a while!

Or you can link to an HTML view of the finished calendar that has a Joe Walsh Bias (more pics of Joe than the others) Here:

http://mvabercrombie.net/2009calendar/2009calendar.html

I have also added the hyperlink to the HTML calendar to my Signature.

Here's a chance for you guys to get "creative". In the past, I have made up calendars with "Family" photos for each month and filled in with notes on days that were special to our family.

Why not do that with The Band? Duh...what a concept...wonder why no one has thought of doing that before?

The document I'm attaching (I hope!) is a Word Document so it should be easy for anyone to download and edit. Notes for new events can easily be added. Just use Times New Roman with an 8-pt font. Type it in and then highlight and center it. That's all there is to it.

At this point, each calendar page is a full 8x10 calendar grid with the months January 2009, through January 2010.

I have included the birthdays of all of the Eagles, past and present (except Stu for I didn't know his birthday). I have also included the dates of release of all of the albums of Joe Walsh and the and those of the Eagles.

I know you guys will wish to edit that and include the release dates of the solo works of Don, Glenn and Timothy.

The way I "produced" the calendars for my family was through Office Max. I think I actually printed off thirteen "monthly" 8x10 landscaped pictures to use as covers for each month. Plus, I printed off a Front cover. I think I left the back page blank but at any rate, I had the Front and Back covers laminated to give the calendar some stiffness.

Come to think of it, I may have just set things up on a CD to do this.

At any rate, I had Office Max (or Kinko's or which ever store you prefer) alternate a picture with a calendar page so that when opened up (it was spiral bound) The Photograph was on top and the calendar on bottom. This required two pages for each month...one for the photo, and one for the calendar plus a front cover and a back cover.

However, idealy, if you can convey the principle to the copier, it would be better if you could have the photo printed on one side of a page and the calendar on the next page. The trick there would be to get the pages oriented correctly so they were rightside up (instead of upside down or something like that!) and have them so that the correct picture was on top of the calendar month it was intended to be the focus for.

You can have some fun with this considering the mindboggling number of photos of the Band and its members here on Borders.
    Last edited by MikeA; 11-30-2008 at 11:20 AM.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Default Re: Calendar Doc

WOW THANK YOU MIKE

This looks like quite a project! I'm not sure of all the ins and outs, but I gather you would like people to add things to the calendar and send the edited version to you? Is it OK to simply post important dates in this thread if we think of them to avoid that extra step?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Mike, thanks for a great idea to start a project. Look forward to seeing what people come up with.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brilliant Mike! I'll have a go of this to be sure. Thank you!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Hmmm,

Actually, I had already done everything that I had planned on doing with the calendar.

However, I did intend it to be in a format that could have stuff easily added to it.

Tell you what.....if you guys will post a conglomerate post here in this topic, I will take those dates....what ever you provide....and add them to the calendar and upload it under the same name as in my original post.

Once that is done, you can all download it, pick out the pictures you want to go with each month in the calendar and then take it to some place they can print it and bind it.

I really had no intention of printing multiple copies of a calendar and distributing them. I thought you each might like to personalize it with your own choices of images and even your own personal date notes....anniversaries, birthdays, vacation schedules...you know...all that kind of stuff.

But I certainly have no objection to adding information about the Eagles and any of the members of the Eagles to it if y'all will provide it. I don't really have the time to research the dates myself.

Just as I've added notes about Joe's solo album release dates, I thought you might want to add the solo release dates of Tim, Glenn and Don.

MikeA

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    This looks like quite a project! I'm not sure of all the ins and outs, but I gather you would like people to add things to the calendar and send the edited version to you? Is it OK to simply post important dates in this thread if we think of them to avoid that extra step?

LOL.....Yes Soda, you summed up in a couple of sentences what took me a small novel to describe.

If we can keep the posts in the thread limited strictly to nothing but information needed on the calendar, it would help me a lot. That way, I wouldn't have to read through a lot of messages that were conversational in nature in order to find the information to put on the calendar.

MikeA

Sorry I misunderstood your original intent, Mike. Please don't feel obligated to take on all that extra work! We can all add our own dates as you suggested.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Sorry I misunderstood your original intent, Mike. Please don't feel obligated to take on all that extra work! We can all add our own dates as you suggested.
    It's okay Soda. I really don't mind if we can just keep a thread barren of anything but the events and dates that need to go into the existing document.

I thought this might be something that folks might like to customize with pictures and give as gifts.

The good thing about this is that once all the dates are entered into the current calendar, to do one for another year will be nothing more than generating another calendar and then cutting and pasting the information from the old one.

I'm thinking we'll have a sample of a completed calendar soon <smile>...one with pictures and maybe information on sizing the images to best fit the "landscaped" format.

MikeA

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Sounds like a great idea but I am so computer stupid I will probably never figure it out. Will there be very detailed instructions to help us computer challenged?
    He sings it high, he plays it low